OT: Substitute for Bisquick

karen C.
on 3/5/12 7:30 pm, edited 3/5/12 7:32 pm - Kennewick, WA

I love the internet. Every weekend I take just about anything with protein left in the fridge and make a zucchini quiche. The basic recipe uses one cup of Bisquick, eggs, cheese, oil, zucchini, etc. .I add any left over roast, ham, cooked ground beef, chicken, (not all of them but you get the picture)  So Sunday I get everything out and find that I'm out of Bisquick or Jiffy mix. Not wanting to head to the store I googled "substitue for Bisquick" and one popped up! Thought I'd share it as it workied great.

Bisquick Substitute

1 cup regular flour

1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 Tablespoon Crisco or butter

Mix dry ingredients then cut in the Crisco with a pastry blender or fork.

Mix can be stored in the freezer. I mixed the dry ingredients and will add the Crisco when I'm ready to use it. Makes 1 cup equivalent.

Why do I even keep my dozens and dozens of cookbooks?

Karen C

Laureen S.
on 3/5/12 8:36 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Wonder if White Whole Wheat Flour can be substituted. . .  I'll have to try it and see one of these days. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

karen C.
on 3/5/12 11:03 pm - Kennewick, WA
I sure don't see why not!

Karen C

Connie D.
on 3/6/12 3:04 am
Thank you Karen...this is a good recipe to keep on hand. I will pass it on to others.

HUGS....connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1191 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views