Freaky Friday...NOT--whats up?

Judy G.
on 9/16/11 1:09 am - Galion, OH

I am getting ready to go pick up my check now Connie and talk to Randy the manager if he is there now....

You know when I was seeing my OBGYN yesterday she mentioned me having fybro also...so I wonder...this is crazy!!! The cymbalta took the pain away in 2 days but the weird things happening to me wasn't worth it at all!!!  GRRRRRRRRRR ****!!!!!!!! So I am upping the vicodin and topamax and see how they help...

HUGS

Eileen Briesch
on 9/16/11 7:00 am - Evansville, IN
If you have fibro and the cymbalta didn't work for you (as far as making you a little confused), see if you can get a different antidepressant or drug to help. Celexa is another one (and it's generic); Lyrica is another that is targeted for fibromyalgics. Just a suggestion. Or a muscle relexant like flexeril.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Judy G.
on 9/17/11 12:06 am - Galion, OH
Eileen dr wants me to try doubling up on the topamax and vicodin right now to see how that works for me...if that doesn't work THEN we will try something else. I did ask about the flexeril but he said it would knock me out and if I am working I can't take that at all! I will ask about the other two you mentioned though...thanks!

Eileen Briesch
on 9/17/11 12:16 am - Evansville, IN
Oh yeah, I don't take flexeril if I'm working, just if I'm home (basically at night). If you do have fibro, one of the things they try to treat is your sleep because fibromyalgics don't get the restful sleep they need; thus they don't regenerate their muscle tissue and thus get muscle pain (or that's the theory). So many of the drugs use try to get us to sleep better. Flexeril is one; so are some of the antidepressants like trazadone or elavil.

Lyrica is one of the newer drugs that targets nerves; an older version of a similar drug is neurontin. I take neurontin at night because of my neuropathy in my legs due to the bulging discs.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Judy G.
on 9/17/11 12:48 am - Galion, OH
Thanks Eileen I will write these drugs down and ask the dr when I see him again and see what he says...not sure if he will let me take them yet or not but worth asking right?

Connie D.
on 9/16/11 10:54 am
Judy....I think your OBGYN is right!!

I take Celexa.....Vicodin......Flexeril.......I think I have told you this before. I can work if I only take a 1/2 dose Flexeril during the day.....but need the full strength at night. Same with the Vicodin. This isn't every day....just the Celexa is daily(depression). The others I use at times of flare ups and more frequently when the weather changes especially cold and damp days. Helps my Arthritis too. Definitely more meds in the winter!!

I hope you find some relief soon....I am very concerned.

Love ya...hugs....connie d
Judy G.
on 9/17/11 12:10 am - Galion, OH

Connie I asked the dr about the flexeril and he said if I work I can't take that because it would knock me out for to many hours...sooooooo but the other ones celexa and lyrica I will ask him about and see what he has to say about them. I am not having depression just pain at times...and this headache I am having off and on now I hope its just from getting off the cymbalta....feeling better today...also the feeling like throwing up is also passing.

HUGS

Nancy H.
on 9/16/11 4:31 am - Traverse City, MI
Afternoon all, checking in late today. I was at the hospital with a friend today. Her DH has cancer in his neck & mouth. His surgery was supposed to be 4 hours, it took 6. She was told had he not had it done now he would probley be dead by October, well a month ago the Docs, wanted to postpone his surgery until Oct. She said absolutely not!!!! She was so right not to let them postpone it. My heart really goes out to them, they have their own business & like most now days they are having troubles, now this. Please pray for them, they are awesome giving people.

No more news on Morgan, I hope they do more testing in 2 weeks, after this round of chemo. Well I hope those of you hat are in pain feel better soon. I always get more depressed when the seasons change, as if lately I need a reason, I will fight it now, I will be happy!!!!Please take care of you this weekend & play like its a holiday!!!!!! Nan
Connie D.
on 9/16/11 10:57 am
Nan...I will pray for your friends....hope things work out well for them.

As always Morgan is in my thoughts and prayers...all the rest of you too.

More love and extra hugs....connie d
Eileen Briesch
on 9/16/11 6:57 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Monica and my OFF family:

Getting on here really late today ... payday (exchange day, really) and cleaning fairy day so I was up early, letting her in, then off to the bank to get money, then off shopping ... deep breath ... then back home to get something in my pouch because I didn't have any protein all day and I was starving. I had an Oh Yeah! protein shake ... oh yum, those are good! 220 cal, 32 g protein, 6 carbs. Chocolate milkshake flavor. I've also had the cookies and cream. Really fills you up.

Still haven't gotten to the grocery store; I've been to Petco, Target, gas station, Starbucks, Hallmark, CVS, Rite-Aid. Stopped off to see the cat lady, Patricia ... she has a new kitten, a cutie named Violet, a Russian Blue like Scooter. Oh my, I'm in love. She's so friendly ... she was purring instantly ... and a chatterbox, too. I don't think Juliette would appreciate her, though.

Anyway, Patricia and I are going out for Mexican food ... I think I'll get fajitas so I'll have some food left over.

Have a good day ... I need food.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1186 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1195 views