Monday, Monday I'll be right back!

karen C.
on 8/28/11 7:40 pm - Kennewick, WA
Anyone up yet? I'll be right back.

Karen C

karen C.
on 8/28/11 7:52 pm, edited 8/28/11 8:01 pm - Kennewick, WA

Good Morning,

I'm trying to ignore all of the middle of the night infomercials! Still on pain pills. Doing much better. Heading back to Seattle either later today or early in the morning for incision check and drain removal. Then back to our daughter's so hubby can finish some painting. I'll be fine during the day but have to find a place to hide out between 5pm and 8pm when they go to bed. I can't lift them for 6 weeks.

Rating my recent surgeries from most painful recovery to least:   1. Knee replacements 2. Medial thigh lift (very difficult post op) 3. Lower body lift 4. RNY.

Post op of this thigh lift  has been tough. One week ago today and I am much better but it has been painful and difficult.  Anyone wanting more info if they are contemplating private message me and I'll be happy to answer questions.

I know the end result will be worth it. My legs already look much better and they are still swollen. Will be glad when another 2 weeks have passed.

Hard to type on drugs. I keep hitting wrong keys and deleting so I'll close. I'm reading about everyone's lives.

This post is kind of "down." I don't mean to be that way as the results will be great. Just be as prepared as you can be before getting into this. I'm glad I didn't squeeze this in before Nathan's wedding now. it would have been tough!

You all have a good week and take care. Hope my friends on the east coast are drying out and suffered minimal damages. Even with all of early warnings there were injuries and deaths. I feel for all of those families.

Karen C

Connie D.
on 8/29/11 1:53 am
 Good morning Karen and everyone....

Not much time to post right now.....just checking in. Nic (grandson) called me a little while ago. Someone rear-ended his truck at a stop light. He is okay. The accident blew out his rear window and there is bumper damage. I am so glad he is okay...scared me to death!!

Now back to laundry and doing the floors...they need it...UGH.

Have a good day everyone. Prayers for so many in need.....special ones for Karen C as she heals from her surgery.

Love and many hugs to all....connie d

annette R.
on 8/29/11 3:30 am - ithaca, NY
Connie,

I'm sorry about Nic's truck but very happy that he is okay.

Hugs
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Connie D.
on 8/29/11 11:21 am
Thank you Annette.....yes we are glad that he is okay too. Just a little shook up. His truck, after further checking, is totaled. A 17 year old girl rear-ended him hard enough to lift up the bed of the truck and pu**** forward. The transmission is in the engine. When the back window blew out he was lucky none of it hit him or got in his eyes.

Why do things like this happen to good people....he hasn't had the truck that long and is still paying for it. All he wants to do is be healthy and go to college. His college classes started last week. He has to travel everyday to get there....what a mess.

Thanks for caring about him....you are a gem!!

Love you....hugs....connie d
Eileen Briesch
on 8/30/11 9:02 am - Evansville, IN
Glad he's OK ... and glad he's in college ... wow, who would have thought he would get to college? That's quite an accomplishment considering what he has had to go through. Congrats to him and your family. That's great!

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Debbiejean
on 8/29/11 9:20 am - Shelbyville, MI
Connie, glad your Nik is okay! Hugs Debbie
Connie D.
on 8/29/11 11:24 am
Thank you Debbie....we are happy he wasn't hurt. I posted on Annette's post more about the damage to the truck.

It is nice to know you are concerned about my precious Nic.

Love and hugs....connie d
Nancy H.
on 8/29/11 9:38 am - Traverse City, MI
Oh Connie, it never stops does it. Glad he is ok, now you take care of you!!!! You have had enough excitment for years!
Nan
Connie D.
on 8/29/11 11:27 am
Hi Nan....yes don't we know...it just never stops!!

We are blessed he wasn't hurt....just shook up. I posted more about his truck damage on Annette's post if you are interested.

I am afraid to drive to Minnesota now on such a busy weekend now...darn!!

Thanks for caring....love you.....hugs....connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1191 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views