Hi Y'all & THANKS!

Marilyn W.
on 3/24/08 11:14 am - Memphis, TN
Hello from Memphis. Thanks for all you share on this forum. I've just gotten my profile to work a bit and hope y'all have room for me here on this forum. I've been trying to find the right words to tell you all how much you mean to me. My insurance, Tricare Prime, has just approved me for RNY surgery. I see my surgeon, Dr. McGrath-Weave, next week. As you all know there are a lot of steps, mis-steps, ups and downs, just getting to the surgery. I felt like I was home, no longer alone when I found you folks on this site. I wanted to say something clever -- but no words come to mind that match the hearfelt thanks I feel for how open and supportive you are. I hope to be a worthy sister.
Marilyn W.
Boogaloo
on 3/24/08 11:17 am - PA
You dont have to thank anyone, just do well and be here to support us as we take this journey together.   Lou
Marilyn W.
on 3/24/08 11:21 am - Memphis, TN
I'm here. I love your pictures and Boogaloo name -- makes me want to dance!
Marilyn W.
(deactivated member)
on 3/24/08 11:37 am - Columbus, GA
Wow... or should I say Yowzaaa! You'll fit right in here... only drop-dead gorgeous women are allowed, so welcome! I'm the class idiot... Don't let the nerves get to ya.... it usually happens around now... but these folks here have their uhh... (ahem) "stuff" together and will surely help you...
Marilyn W.
on 3/24/08 11:46 am, edited 3/24/08 11:47 am - Memphis, TN
Ah -- humor is appreciated. How did you read between my lines and see the nerves clinching? Glad to know others have the gitters at this stage; I've been seeing so many "I'm thrilled" messages that I've been feeling kind of left behind. I am so thankful for this opportunity, but mercy, I dread another abdominal surgery. Congratulations on your pouch treatment and best wishes.
Marilyn W.
annette R.
on 3/24/08 12:16 pm - ithaca, NY
Marilyn, Don't worry about there being room for you here. We have an unlimited supply. The Sisters and Brothers have been my life line too. They are here for the ups, the downs and the merry-go-rounds also.  Waiting for WLS was the hard part. Emotions were a giant roller coaster ride. One minute I was excited and thankful, the next second I would be terrified and in tears. Those seem to be normal feelings for all of us. Sure didn't feel anything like 'normal' at the time. Without the support of the OFF family I would have been lost. You fit in just fine so don't worry. Just keep coming back. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Marilyn W.
on 3/24/08 12:28 pm - Memphis, TN
Yes -- the roller coaster image fits. Thanks for the welcome. I was looking at your site -- I know you just had surgery and are recovering, but overall, do you really feel as good as you look? Do you have any tips to help keep the skin and hair healthy during the weight loss?
Marilyn W.
annette R.
on 3/24/08 1:21 pm - ithaca, NY
Marilyn, Thanks for the lovely compliment. Yes, I am feeling much better since having the hernias repaired. Each day since the initial WLS I am stunned by my energy level. The knee pain is virtually gone as are most other joint problems. Not all, but that can be expected at 60 years old. Before WLS I was on 10 meds, now none. I don't dump and don't get sick because I stick to the eating plan and know what makes my pouch happy. A bit of luck there as some people have very grouchy pouches. This has been quite a learning process but has become second nature after all this time. The photo was taken 43 pounds ago so I am less rounded now. Still smiling and happy though. Time for an updated photo. To keep your skin and hair healthy drink plenty of water daily, don't skimp on protein, take Biotin, exercise daily, take your supplements as directed, and pray for good genes. I apply lotion after my morning shower and again at bedtime also.  At about 4 months out, my hair had some fall out, quite normal but I didn't go bald. It has always been thin so that was a big concern. Wrinkles - I take off my glasses  and they are all gone.  Thanks to the lotions they are nice soft wrinkles. there are absolutely NO plans for plastics in my future but that is my personal choice. Others want, need and do well with plastics. I am much too chicken and have no rashes. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Marilyn W.
on 3/24/08 1:45 pm - Memphis, TN
Thanks, Annette -- very helpful information and attitude. Sweet dreams, Marilyn
Marilyn W.
Judy G.
on 3/24/08 1:09 pm - Galion, OH

HI MARILYN...CONGRATS ON GETTING THIS FAR!! KEEP US POSTED WITH YOUR DATE!!! OH YEAH ITS A WILD RIDE SOHANG ON!!!! TIMEIS GONNA FLY NOW SO BE READY!!!

HUGS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1141 views