Need some Moral Support

momman8tur
on 3/24/08 10:50 am - Apache Junction, AZ
Hi Group!  Well, the nausea and dry heaving are persisting and a visit to the dr. today confirmed that I may need an endoscopy.  If there is a stricture, how do they enlarge the opening?   Thanks! and Hugs!   Wanda
Boogaloo
on 3/24/08 11:02 am - PA
Hi Wanda, I dont know how they enlarge the opening, but a friend of mine who had the surgery had this happen a few times.  He said it was really a breeze and eventually it never happened again. Good luck, Lou
annette R.
on 3/24/08 11:55 am - ithaca, NY
Hugs Wanda, No clue as to the exact method but have heard that it is painless and brings immediate relief. At the very top of this page is a place for questions and answers. Have you tried that spot yet? Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Linda S.
on 3/24/08 12:51 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
I don't know hon, this rarely happens with Dr. Fang. I do know that people who had it got through it fine. My thoughts are with you... Hugs.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Darlene
on 3/24/08 1:23 pm
it is just stretched a bit, they have to like dilate the opening. It sometimes common to have this done three times. That doesn't mean yours will, I'm just saying that sometimes that is the norm.....You won't feel a thing, you get twilight sleep......
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Laureen S.
on 3/25/08 2:03 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Don't have the answer for you, but sending you a big hug!   Big Hug 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

KathiKins
on 3/25/08 4:38 am - CA
Hi Wanda, I have no answers as I'm pre-surgery but I've got moral support up the wazoos for you.  I've been reading and reading for so long and time and time again people say it's no big deal to have this procedure done.  My neighbor had WLS and had a stricture.  She was just fine after they did the opening the one time.  She's now lost all her excess weight and doing quite well.  She's looking very healthy and happy and participating in all her family "food events." You'll do just fine and it's important that this is what will fix you problem!  hang tough. Hugs, Kathi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1141 views