Food Tracking

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/08 6:52 am - Columbus, GA
Ok ladies... fess up! Who tracks their daily eating? Online? If you track it online, who do you use? If not online, what do you use? If you don't track your food, how do you know you eating "correctly" .... that is, do you just eat pretty much the same thing so you don't need to track the food or do you just eat one protein and one veggie type of thing? I started using DailyPlate online, and have found so many errors in the food listings that I am searching for a better on... or method... or... something...
Linda S.
on 3/24/08 7:45 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Annette told you to use Fitday.com. I track through my menus, and nutrition content, have become much of a pro at it now...grin. Unless I eat something weird...I am covered.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Jean M.
on 3/24/08 8:15 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I use software I bought at dietorganizer.com.  I like it a lot.  It tracks calories, protein, carbs, fiber, fat, and various nutritients.  It can figure out your base metabolic rate and if you set a weight loss goal, it will tell you how many calories you need to eat per day to achieve that goal.  You can also set goals for protein, carbs, etc. and it will show you how you're doing versus your goals.  It also tracks exercise.  I find it easier to use than the online programs I've tried.  And no, they don't give me a commission for talking up the product! Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Linda S.
on 3/24/08 8:18 am - PHOENIX, AZ
LOL!!!

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Terrib
on 3/24/08 8:39 am, edited 3/24/08 8:49 am - Clayton, NC
Darlene
on 3/24/08 12:59 pm
I don't care for fitday, I like some of the other sites better. But that is my preference, we all have our likes and dislikes about differnt things.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Boogaloo
on 3/24/08 8:41 am - PA
I always track my daily eating and it really helps.  I use fitday.com. I am not sure it's 100% accurate, but you can customize and I do whenever possible.  Even if it's not completely accurate I am sure it's close enough and I have finally lost that last five lbs.  My husband, who did not have surgery but lost 100lbs with me had gained about 25 lbs back.  Since he began to use fitday.com, he's lost every bit of the 25lbs and now he's using it to maintain. good luck Lou
Lady__Bug
on 3/24/08 8:47 am, edited 3/24/08 8:49 am - Mexico
I use The Daily Plate and track every day to keep track of protein, carbs, calories and water.  I hate to hear that there are errors in it.  I haven't run across any that I know of.  Let me know of any major ones.  Maybe I need a new program.
Lady Bug
Lap RNY 12/04/2007
313/236/150 (WOO HOO! I made it into the 30's!  Next goal - the 20's!)
Age 54, 5'4"

azreggie
on 3/24/08 10:30 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey marc,  The Dailyplate.com is pretty user freindly and has lots of prepared foods in their data base.

Reggie

annette R.
on 3/24/08 11:42 am - ithaca, NY
Marc, Okay, I'll tell you the truth. I write on Linda's thread each day, that's it. In the beginning I wrote down and calculated every morsel that passed my lips. I used Fitday.com plus took the notes to my Dietician for tweaking. Over the months, my daily menu seldom changes, so the numbers won't vary either. I guess you might call that my KISS Method K - keep I - it S - simple S - stupid You seem to have more variety in your eating plan and might do better writing and calculating. Get yourself a good book so you know the nutirents in foods. Put a sticky note on the foods you eat most often until you have memorized what's in there. Get out one of the ABSOLUTELY beautiful pens you make and write it down. Have a journal dedicated to your meals. That way you can look back and have a good reference for another day. Plan ahead for each day. Maybe you can plan to feed your evening cravings with something good for you in the process. Does that make sense to you? I sure hope so. You are puttting such good effort into getting back on track. This keeps us on our toes too. Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views