WHATS FOR SUPPER ?

MLONG
on 3/18/08 4:39 am - Wales , MA
I AM NOT A GOOD NIGHT EATER BUT  I AM HAVING PORK CHOP W/ APPLESAUCE BIG GLASS OF WATER AND MY  IRON VIT  DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN NOT TAKE YOUR CALICUM WITH THE IRON ? BOO
Baseball-Mom
on 3/18/08 4:50 am - Pittsburgh, PA

I have some corned beef and cabbage cooking for my family. I'll probably have grilled chicken and some of the cabbage.

I just found out last night at our support meeting that if you take Synthroid you should wait 4 hours to take your Calcium and/or your multivitaminif it has iron in it. Talk about making me confused now. I never knew that and my Rx bottle only says take on an empty stomach and wait 1hr to eat. How am I going to get all my vitamins in during the day? This morning I took my Synthroid at 5:30 am when I got my son up for school. Then I had breakfast (protein shake) while I was making my daughters lunch at 7am. I'll have to set a clock on the weekends because I don't get up at 5:30 on Saturday or Sunday!

Mary

Spring Text  

Pat R.
on 3/18/08 5:43 am - Sturgis, MI
Mary,
I take my synthroid first thing when I get up and it's usually only 1 hour or so before I eat breakfast and then take my vitamins.....no problems so far. I think the 4 hrs is a little excessive!!

Pat

p.s. I also take prilosec early in the a.m.

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Baseball-Mom
on 3/18/08 6:04 am - Pittsburgh, PA

Pat,

What time do you start taking your calcium? They told us that the calcium would not be absorbed if is taken after the multivitamin with iron. I am suppost to wait 2 hours after taking calcium to take the multivitamin. I'm getting confused.

What times of the day do you take  vitamins and minerals? I need some help to get on a schedule.

Mary

Spring Text  

Pat R.
on 3/18/08 7:47 am - Sturgis, MI
I get up around 6 a.m. and take my synthroid right away.
Then after I have my shower, I take the prilosec. I do my 30 min. of exercise and then have a cup of decaf coffee while I surf the net. I eat my breakfast around 7:45 - 8:00 and after I eat, I take my vitamins. Mid morning - around 10:30 I take two of my calcium tablets. I take the other two mid afternoon or sometimes two hours after supper, depending on when I remember. I take my other vitamin pill after supper. The only other supplements are biotin and zinc and I take biotin after breakfast and after supper, and the zinc after lunch. That's my schedule, but honestly Mary, it's what works for you. Yes, I have been told there needs to be two hours between vitamin pill and calcium pill. Hope this helps!

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Baseball-Mom
on 3/18/08 8:55 am - Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks Pat. We were also told not to take 2 calcium at a time even if we forget one during the day. I think I'm gonna sit down and write some kind of schedule out and try to stick with it. I figure it this way, at least I'm taking my supplements, a lot of people blow off whole days at a time.

Mary 

Spring Text  

Laureen S.
on 3/18/08 5:18 am - Maple Shade, NJ
I'll have 2 string cheese sticks and a decaf, sugar free mocha latte, yum. . .  not a night eater either, as I get home too late

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

MLONG
on 3/18/08 5:21 am - Wales , MA
YA KNOW BEFORE WLS I COULD EAT ALL NIGHT  NOW I FIGHT TO EAT SUPPER AND I KNOW I DO NEED TO EAT  BOO
Judy G.
on 3/18/08 9:39 am - Galion, OH

WELL LAST NIGHT I HAD SOME SPAGHETTI THAT I MADE...THAT WENT DOWN GREAT...TONIGHT I AM HAVING LEFT OVERS....NOT SITTING GOOD AT ALL....FEEL SICK....DAM PASTA!!!!

I TAKE MY CITRACAL CALCIUM CITRATE PETITES 2 IN THE AM THEN 4 OR MORE HOURS LATER MY PRENATAL VITAMIN THEN 4 HOURS OR SO LATER I TAKE MY LAST 2 CITRACAL CALCIUM CITRATES....ITS HOW I WAS TOLD TO DO IT....

GONNA GO LAY DOWN AND HOPE THIS BARFFY FEELING PASSES....HUGS

Connie D.
on 3/18/08 9:44 am
Hi.... I am having a Jack Daniels grilled chicken breast...3 oz. and brocolli (leftovers). Hugs, connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1140 views