3 days post op

Greatmum41
on 7/13/18 7:29 am

Well I've made it and I am finally going home today. It has been a rough journey so far. For starters I had an incision that would not stop bleeding after the surgery. So after a night of having my bandages changed every 2 hours they came in and stitched it in the morning leaving me with a bruise the size of my fist. After that I was up and moving around for a couple hours when I got hit with terrible gas pains. It was like I was in labour. This went on for about 24 hours till the gas started moving. It was so painful they put me on hydromorph and sent me for a catscan just to make sure everything was ok. They figure since I had my gallbladder removed and the large hematoma on my one incision site that it made the pain worse then it is for most people. Anyway finally feeling more like myself and looking forward to going home.

crqvingchange
on 7/13/18 7:50 am

Glad the worst is behind you, and you are going home. Welcome to the loser's bench.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 7/13/18 8:14 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Oh no, sorry to hear that. Glad you're feeling better. And glad to hear there was no serious complication.

The first couple of days after surgery can be rough- I felt like I had a vice around my ribs, really sharp pain every time I moved or took a deep breath. I thought I was being a wimp and was reluctant to ask for more pain meds, but finally one the nurses decided I needed more and it helped a lot. So if you feel like you need more pain meds, don't be afraid to ask.

You'll feel better everyday. I had surgery 4 days ago on Monday morning, and the way I feel now on Friday morning compared to Monday afternoon is a million miles of difference (although I still take the occasional Percocet)

Keep walking to move that gas along. Be gentle with yourself. And keep in mind that before you know it, you'll be feeling great. Getting home is always a relief too.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Greatmum41
on 7/13/18 8:29 am

Lol I can do relate about thinking you are a wimp. I did the same thing till the nurse said to me all you need for meds right and I agreed. I would look at the other girl on the floor walking around like nothing happened and I just could not understand why I could not do that. Just walking to the bathroom was such a painful undertaking. At lease my we are both feeling better now and can start our road to recovery

momov2
on 7/13/18 10:20 am
RNY on 03/22/18

Sorry to hear you had a rough time starting out. I hope you feel better soon. Welcome to the loosers bench!

Ref to Sudbury July 4/17 Sleep study July 29/17 Orientation Sept 13/17 1on1's Feb 2/18 OTN Feb 27/18 Pre op Mar 13/18 Surgery Mar 22/18 St. Michael's w Dr. Grantcharov Opti-10lb M1=-24lbs M2=-11.5 M3=-7.5 M4=-8 M5=-9 M6=-8.5 M7=-6.5 M8=-8 M9=-5 M10=5.5 M11=-2.5 M12=-5 M13=-4

Most Active
Recent Topics