What are you eating/doing (Thursday)

Patm
on 12/29/16 7:25 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Surprised no one has started the thread today. Still not feeling great but getting better. Turkey soup started so probably that for dinner.

b greek yogurt, granola

l turkey with cranberry

d turkey soup, cheese and crackers

s tea

Lots of fluids

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/16 7:38 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Sorry you aren't feeling well.  It hit me a few days ago but really grabbed me hard overnight.  I just made turkey soup with spaetzle and that will be every meal for today for sure.  

Patm
on 12/29/16 8:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

DH likes it with egg noodles. I prefer nothing but will put in noodles for him

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/16 9:10 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I always add some sort of starch that he likes but I was out of quinoa, rice and barley.  Only had penne and don't like that in soup so decided to make homemade noodles and spaetzel won.  I like that they are thick enough that I can pick out way easier than rice or barley.

birdiegirl
on 12/29/16 7:41 am

Sorry for both of you.  So much going around with cold related or stomach related

I started this morning with a protein shake - then proceeded to have a slice of fresh from the oven raisin bread - the smell....ymmm

Will get better thru the day with good protein choices

Just don't feel like figuring everything out today

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/16 7:48 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Mine is now just a head cold with a bit of coughing.  I hate being sick.  Am sure I picked up my dad's cold as he was the only one sick at Christmas. DH is like aren't you making a real meal tonight and I said you want a real meal, go to a restaurant, this old hag is eating soup and going to bed early.  LOL

birdiegirl
on 12/29/16 8:33 am

Nothing like soup when you feel ill.

Take care of yourself.  I cant believe I've dodged the sick bullet this long

Patm
on 12/29/16 8:58 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

OMG fresh raisin bread. Could not have that in the house. It would be gone in hours!

Cinderz
on 12/30/16 11:34 am

Good afternoon everyone!

Literally spent the day in bed yesterday sipping water and protein shakes when I could stomach it. For the most part I've been feeling pretty good despite the complications I experienced in the beginning, however I've had a lot of nausea lately. At first I thought it was the variety of medications and vitamins I was taking as it seems every time I turn around its time to take something else, but I have noticed it can happen at any time, My doctor is on vacation and I've be calling to see if his temp would send a script for Zofran, so far he hasn't, and I can't function daily when having to take gravol. With that said today I've only felt uncomfortably nauseated twice today. 

B - 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt mixed with strawberry Greek yogurt with additional unflavoured protein powder mixed in. 

S - premier protein

L - 1 cup of cream of mushroom soup

S - premier protein

D - soft poached egg with 2 pieces of melba toast (was happy this sat well the first time I tried it, as I read not many people can tolerate eggs after surgery)

S - (if I need it) sugar/fat free pudding with protein powder

All water and vitamins 

Patm
on 12/30/16 2:14 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope things improve for you. Poached eggs usually sit well. I still sometimes have trouble with scrambled

Most Active
Recent Topics