What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Karen M.
on 1/14/16 3:54 am - Mississauga, Canada

Happy Friday Junior!

It's been a busy week with going back to work (and having to get up and out lol)! Also, I'm ready for spring (despite the fact we've only really had "winter" for about a week and a half LOL). Working today, a couple of errand on the way home, that's about it!

9.5 years post-op

-- coffee with cream x 4 over the day --

B - 1/2 GNC Total Lean (pumpkin spice)

S - Greek yogurt, clementine

L - leftover beef stroganoff (just the beefy-mushroomy part) (good thing this is finally almost gone)

S - old cheddar, full sour dill slices, 2 CRACKers

D - chicken/veggie stir fry - no rice, just the good stuff

S - not sure yet

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 1/14/16 4:46 am

Good day all.  I am feeling the same Karen, spring can come any time now.  More snow to shovel for us today, guess I'll be doing that tonight instead of the gym.  I have an appointment with my new endocrinologist this afternoon to discuss my remaining pcos symptoms post-op. No, surgery has not cured pcos but it has helped a lot in most ways.  

16 months post op

B - gnc chocolate protein shake, later...decaf coffee

s - 15 homemade sf mocha chocolate almonds

L - sf orange koolaid...later psyllium eggwhite wrap with a little pb and NSA jam 

S - xl decaf coffee..later.half a apple cinnamon quest bar

D - made a huge batch of frizzled cabbage last night, will have it heated with cottage and Parmesan cheeses and tomato sauce on top

s - sf hot chocolate after my snow shovelling, later...probably a little more frizzled cabbage if I feel hungry...later chaamomile tea with a little milk and sucralose

all water and vitamins.  Have a nice day!

Dar_Tay
on 1/14/16 9:38 am - Canada

Hi Zizzler..have to ask !! what are homemade sf mocha chocolate almonds and how do you make them?? Sound so yummy!

Zizzler
on 1/14/16 10:44 am, edited 1/14/16 2:45 am

Hey there, they are just nuts marinated in eggwhite a and sf sweetener, then add your toppings.  This time I used a little decaf coffee crystals mixed with plain baking cocoa powder, but you could sprinkle them with whatever powder you want.  Then bake at 170 20 minutes or so or until they are dried out enough.  They keep for a month apparently.  I use ex-sweetz as the sweetener, it's liquid sucralose and very concentrated so just drops are needed.  I think next time I will try a chilli powder one instead, or what about Parmesan cheese? Omg!

Tuppence
on 1/17/16 9:09 am

Can you pls explain what frizzled 

cabbage is.

Patm
on 1/14/16 6:20 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good Morning Karen. Yes we were spoiled by the nice weather. I am definitely feeling down with the return of winter. I am waiting for one of those rare days of sun even if cold. I love your CRACKers.

I am taking part in a research study tonight. I think it may have to do with diabetes. I did tell them I am no longer on medication. But they are willing to pay me $175.00 to show up so why not.

I have not decided if my feeling like crap is the new meds or just winter. I am fighting over eating and not winning.

My meals will be a little off since the study is at 5:30. I will have a late snack then a late dinner

b greek yogurt, blueberries

s breton crackers with laughing cow

late lunch chili, oikos lime yogurt

d pure protein bar

s egg, blue cheese salad

cal 1081, carb 91, prot 100

Karen M.
on 1/14/16 2:58 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Well, I'd show up for the 175 bucks too!

What is blue cheese salad please?

Karen

Patm
on 1/14/16 6:40 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Just a throw together. Romaine, egg, cucumber blue cheese with ginger dressing

Ginnny
on 1/14/16 8:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi, Karen, you've probably posted it before but I'm relatively new, what are these CRACKers you speak of??

Karen M.
on 1/14/16 2:41 pm - Mississauga, Canada

That's my pet name for crackers - they're addictive little pieces of heaven/hell. ;)

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics