Going out for dinner - 6 weeks out

Blueiiis
on 9/25/14 11:44 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Tomorrow night is date night, and my husband would like to take me out for dinner at restaurant of my choice.  We normally go to Kelsey's by the movie theatre.... But their menu doesn't have a lot of items I could eat.

Where is your favorite place to go, and what do you order? I am thinking about the Keg, but I have yet to try red meat and would hate to embarass myself and get sick while we are out.  Chicken is pretty much the only meat I have tried. (And I am not going to swiss chalet lol).

Karen M.
on 9/25/14 11:55 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I checked out the Kelsey's menu online (MENU ) and there are a few things you could consider eating. Butter Chicken Bowl (have them leave off the rice), Thai Chili Grilly Chicken (no mashed potatoes), Chicken Beet & Goat Cheese salad (just eat the ingredients you're allowed), Broccoli Cheddar soup..... any restaurant pretty much has stuff we can order, whether it be soup, chili, salad (when you're able), a protein appetizer... it can be done.

Have a fun date night!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Blueiiis
on 9/26/14 2:39 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

I was looking at the Thai chicken but wonder if too spicy after all the bland stuff I have had. I am concerned the soup would be way high in fat and calories....  

I might try the chicken and beet salad - love beets and chicken lol.

thanks for your input.

Catw
on 9/26/14 12:02 am - Arnprior, Canada

I just looked as well, you could also go for fajitas, and just be prepared to ask for a doggy bag! 

Cathy

Blueiiis
on 9/26/14 2:41 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

What the hell - I missed fajitas on the menu.  Great option - thanks!

redviking
on 9/26/14 12:12 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I went out for the first time and had Salmon. Just ate an appropriate portion and took the rest home. Felt good after. 

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Poppios
on 9/26/14 5:17 am
Only thing I have found for options for myself are salads/skewers (Opa/Mr.Greek) and even then I have found I don't like going to restaurants since the surgery. We use to go out for dinner 2-3 times a week easy pre-surgery now I think I've gone maybe 5 times in 4 months and 3 of those were at the mall food court while I was walking or going to a support meeting.

crqvingchange
on 9/27/14 12:35 am

If you go to the Keg they have a couple of shrimp appetizers.  I have gone out to a couple of restaurants and ordered the pasta dish without pasta, just the chicken, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and goat cheese.  Most places are very accommodating, you just have to be a little creative.  Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics