I'm FINALLY Back in the Forum

ArleneAnne
on 6/24/14 11:47 pm - Oakville, Canada

Finally, FINALLY I feel that it is mentally o.k. for me to read this forum. ..... I had been enjoying so VERY much in the Fall....and then to NursePracticioner at TWH told me that I would not likely be a candidate for  Surgery seeing as how I had had cancer 10 years ago ..... I was DEVASTATED ..... and fearful that I did not dare read this site cause it just made me cry because I might not be able to advance any further. ....... I went through the rest of the interviews with my heart in my throat, and choking back tears ..... but several days ago, in the mail .... I received a notice for two more appointments in August .... and they are listed as Pre-Op instead of just Assessment ..... I am supposed to phone to approve the schedule .... but sooooo far I have been WAY TO SCARED to do so ....... I need a little support ..... HELP ...... did any of you go through something similar ??? .... and how die it turn out ????

Catw
on 6/25/14 12:04 am - Arnprior, Canada

I haven't been through what you are going through so I can't help there.  I just wanted send you a little hug to give you the strength to call them up.  Sending positive vibes!

Cathy

mum2TNT
on 6/25/14 12:20 am - Oshawa, Canada

Hugs and positive vibes being sent your way!!! Keep us posted and welcome back!!!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Monica M.
on 6/25/14 3:58 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

please call and approve it? I have not gone through this, but i know that knowing is better than not knowing, and going to the appts will help you know.

Hugs. and positive energy!

on 6/25/14 4:26 am - Canada

Big hugs Arlene you go right ahead and call them.  Whats the worst they can say. You are already scared I really dont think they would say that those appointments are pre op if they wernt.  At least you will know for sure.  Goodluck Hun :-)  Val

Laurie C.
on 6/25/14 6:49 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Arlene:

CALL please, better to deal with the known than the unknown.  The unknown sucks you dry.  How it can be any worse that what the NP told you.

Sending positive thoughts only.  Please let us know how it goes.  You have our support.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Mary A.
on 7/3/14 11:48 pm

wish you the very best in your journey ahead. I haven't gone through anything like you have, but you appear to be a very strong individual and just stick with it~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics