OT: APA Annotated References...

Liz R.
on 7/11/12 11:50 am - Belleville, Canada
Hey there, just wriitng a paper (bear with me as a novice nursing student) - can anyone give me direction regarding the composition of an annotated reference list?  I'm familliar with APA formatting, but have never had to complete annotations.

Would appreciate some wise, down to earth advice from the fellow scholars  - thanks!

Liz  .......... www.facebook.com/johnstoy
GP appointment for referral: July 8, 2009
 Consult with nurse/NUT November 4th, 2009 
7 week NUT preop check December 22, 2009
Meet the surgeon & schedule surgery January 19th, 2010
PATS January 28th, 29th, 2010

SURGERY!!!!!!  February 9, 2010
Hernia Repair(s) May 22, 2010
Thanks to Kitty_White for being my wonderful  and friend!

Monica M.
on 7/11/12 12:06 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

library.csun.edu/docs/apannotbib.pdf

library.bethel.edu/class/tutorials/writ-cit/1001APA_Ann_Bib_ 6thEd

www.lib.sfu.ca/help/writing/annotated-bibliography

its been a while since i did one, but i found these links that might be helpful.

good luck.

where are you studying?

Liz R.
on 7/11/12 12:50 pm - Belleville, Canada
Centennial College - Practical Nursing.  I had initially wanted to pursue my BscN right away, but went this route instead.  Practical Nursing is just less money spent out over the course of two years - and when you have kids, this is a huge consideration.  I still plan on bridging over to the Ryerson RN program - but it will be easier to put myself through school on a RPN wage rather then working for 11 or 12 dollars an  hour (I am/was a PSW for a few years).  

Btw, thanks for the links...I've been browsing and putting the pieces together.  I also emailed my prof and gave him the heads up that this was my first attempt at annotation - and to take it easy on me, lol.  I'm plugging away...

Monica M.
on 7/11/12 8:59 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
good for you. It's difficult to get the hang of, but you've done the right things.

I'm an RN, i did my BScN by distance education, (did my diploma back in 88, graduated with BScN in 2006). It's definitely worth the work. I think you're doing it the right way, its definitely the long way around, but you've got to take money into consideration, for sure. If you like, you can email me your essay and i'll give you feedback. I'm kind of good at writing.

Mon

Most Active
Recent Topics