Is this behaviour normal??

Karla Tolentino
on 5/29/12 9:41 am - Mississauga, Canada
Hi everyone!! I'm just 2 days away from my surgery which is going to take place at St. Joes in Hamilton, but I think I'm a little anxious..... I haven't stoped cleaning the whole house, doing laundry, all afternoon cooking for my hubby and kids (so they don't starve while I'm in hospital), etc, etc,...it's a non  stop thing that started just today!!! The thing is that I'm exhausted but I can't stop. I have heard other people crying all the time just before surgery, but me, is just about having the house clean and ready before I go to Hospital!!! Is this normal ???

Leanne1
on 5/29/12 9:43 am - Newmarket, Canada
I did that too... it's like nesting before a baby....
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/12 9:48 am, edited 5/29/12 9:52 am - Guelph, Canada
 i have been doing that too.. I can feed the canadian army out of the freezer... I made meals so all i have to do is pull it out in the morning... I am cleaning everything washing walls... drapes.. steam cleaned the carpet for crying out loud... so I hope we are normal or I will just hide..LOL,, hubby thought it was my OCD.. a control thing cause i cant control the opti.. i cant control the post op.. everything about my life right now is in someone elses control
Monica M.
on 5/29/12 11:03 pm, edited 5/29/12 11:04 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
note to self, go to Dee's house if there's a zombie apocalypse.

oh, and my house could use a going over.. would you like my address??

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/12 12:33 am - Guelph, Canada
 LOL.. its still a food thing.. I want to make sure everyone is fed and ok... I did it slowly.. when I was making dishes that would freeze I just doubled the recipe and stuck half in the freezer 
jennjennx
on 5/29/12 9:51 am - Etobicoke, Canada
RNY on 06/15/12
I think it's completely normal -- everyone deals with anxiety in their own way! & it seems you just really want to ensure your hubby & kids are okay while you're gone
Karen M.
on 5/29/12 10:14 am - Mississauga, Canada
OMG yes. You're getting everyone ready for what's coming.

And best wishes Karla!! I'll be thinking of you!!! XOXO

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/12 11:15 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
I am sure it is quite normal. The tears may come on operation day. We will all be thinking good thoughts for you on that day.
Karla Tolentino
on 5/29/12 11:36 am - Mississauga, Canada
 Thanks so much for the comments and support
It means the world to me at this time. I feel much
Better now... (but I'm still cleaning haha) !
ruth63
on 5/29/12 10:00 pm - aurora, Canada
Good luck on your surgery. I wish you lived closer as my house needs some work
This sure is a female thing, as I am sure no males clean before they have surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics