Plastics - Seroma after brachioplasty

Donna C.
on 11/21/11 9:44 am - Durham Region, Canada

I have a seroma on my right arm - just found it on Saturday.  Anybody else have this happen - and what was done about it?

I have a call into Dr. Nan and have an appointment on Thursday......

HW/SW/CW/Orig GW/New GW   328/311/161/153/142   LOVE my RNY!!!!      

ericaFG
on 11/21/11 10:59 am - Cambridge, Canada
I got a small seroma on my left arm.  Happened after I reached to stop my daughters dog from running out the front door.  I felt a pop, and developed a raised bubble about the size of a quarter right near my elbow.

Dr. N didn't do anything for it - just waited and watched it to make sure it reabsorbed.  I emailed him a picture every once and awhile.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Donna C.
on 11/21/11 11:05 am - Durham Region, Canada
Mine is the size of a golf ball :( .......  it's right at the end of the suture line on my right arm.  The left arm continued to drain in that spot - but the right wound is closed.  I showed it to the home health care nurse on Sunday and she recommended I go to the emerg and they would probably drain it.  When I went there - and waited 3 hrs - the ER doctor told me she wouldn't touch it and to go back to my surgeon. 

I didn't hear any kind of sound - but have to admit I have been fairly active in the last week.  I hope I haven't been doing too much and caused this myself.....

Do you have his email address - I think I will take a picture and send it to him to get his thoughts as I never heard back today after leaving a message with his secretary?

HW/SW/CW/Orig GW/New GW   328/311/161/153/142   LOVE my RNY!!!!      

ericaFG
on 11/21/11 11:15 am - Cambridge, Canada
I do - I'll PM you.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Karen M.
on 11/21/11 11:39 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Ugh - sorry to hear that Donna - and you've been doing so well post-op too!  Hope this is just a small bump in the road. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 11:42 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I had one on my TT line and it eventually blew.  They figured it may reabsorb but instead it leaked out where the drain had been.
Karen M.
on 11/21/11 11:45 pm - Mississauga, Canada
"....and it eventually blew."

Oh, EW.  Just the thought makes me shudder and nauseous.

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 11:48 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
It was more like a gusher and it was gross but no pain or anything,
Karen M.
on 11/22/11 12:03 am - Mississauga, Canada
Good gawd, the things we put ourselves through, eh? lol

Karen

Monica M.
on 11/22/11 12:40 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i hope you get this resolved, Donna, that doesn't sound like fun at all.

Most Active
Recent Topics