huge WOW

highlandbear
on 7/24/11 8:41 am - Canada
Today was a very huge wow for me. As many of you know I had some surgery done a week ago Thursday.  Well I had signed up for a tri tri triathlon that was taking place today. I went with promising many friends, husband and coach that if I felt any pain I would pull out. I needed just to try and see if I could do it and I DID IT. YES! Sorry for shouting but right now I could shout from a moutain top. It was always a dream to try a triathlon and being heavy I knew it would never happen. Well I did make it happen. I cross the finish line ran to my husband and broke down in tears. Good tears. With those tears coming down my coach grabed me and hugged me and broke down. She said seeing those tears made all the trainning she put into me worth it. I am a little sore just when I bend but nothing I can not handle. By the way my time was 1 hour 18 minutes. Not even the last one in my age group.  Today is a great day.
Barb
KristieA
on 7/24/11 8:46 am - Orillia, Canada
Way to go. Congrats. That is a huge accomplishment!

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Mariann M.
on 7/24/11 8:50 am - Washago , Canada
Congrats to you !!!
Elisabeth G.
on 7/24/11 8:51 am - Windsor, Canada
 Congrats to you you must be so proud of yourself

sam1am
on 7/24/11 9:06 am
 That's incredible, congratulations!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

northernlight
on 7/24/11 9:27 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
CONGRATULATIONS, BARB !!!!   
 What an awesome victory for you, especially being so fresh out of surgery!  I'm so happy for you and can imagine how happy you must have felt when you crossed that finish line.   Well done!!! 

Deb

Eileen C.
on 7/24/11 9:54 am - Cornwall, Canada
WOW Barb

Congrats 

You are rocking that triathlon, great news and great victory 

Make sure you rest up as I am sure that you are still celebrating LOL

Take care

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
CdnGal
on 7/24/11 9:56 am - Canada
Good job, that is amazing!!!
thtmusic
on 7/24/11 10:07 am
That is awesome!!!  I have always wanted to do a triathelon!!!!  Congratulations!
highlandbear
on 7/24/11 11:32 pm - Canada
you can do it with some trainning. Set a date and do it. If you need tips on trainning be glad to give them to. They are really my coach tips.
Most Active
Recent Topics