fitness training and diet

Jo G.
on 8/24/05 1:19 pm - Hollister, FL
I'm currently 7 months post op and about 15 pounds from goal and I am training for a triathelon. I would like to enter my first tri on mothers day and I'm wondering if anyone has information regarding dieticians that could help me on my diet plan. I have had absolutely no complications to this point.
MagickalMom
on 8/25/05 8:15 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Do you have a fitness trainer for this? I really wanted to get into triathelons too but I have no idea where to go to train for something like this. I am a strong swimmer but a weak runnin and I have not biked in two years. LOL! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn Weight- 257/160/146 BMI- 44.1/27.5/25 Height- 5'4" Total Weight Loss: -97 lbs. Surgery Date- 1/19/05 Visit my OH profile or stop by My Weight Loss Journey Website at: home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-LadyAutumnsWLSjourney Visit my Live Journal at: livejournal.com/users/magickalmom
Jo G.
on 8/25/05 1:07 pm - Hollister, FL
Hi, Jamie I currently dont have a trainer. I have started training myself by first doing research on the web. There are several web sites for beginners that have beginner programs. The one that Im working with is beginnertriathlete.com. This site has all kind of info. I also signed up at the local public pool for adult swimming lessons. I already know how to swim but I wanted someone to look at my techniqe and give me advice on how to improve for distance swimming. I'm having the most difficult time with the running aspect of the training. I have never liked to run, however I want to be able to run. I have started slowly running and walking, yesterday I ran and today I'm sore. Thanks for responding it feels good to talk about my goals and what I'm doing to reach them.
MagickalMom
on 8/26/05 10:12 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
I appreciate your candor, it makes me feel like I am not such a "dreamer" afterall. Everytime I talk about wanting to do a triathalon folks look at me like I am nuts b/c they know I don't like to run. Heck, I am a bang up swimmer and I know I can get into biking again (although my bike is a piece of crap and I need to take it to a bike shop and have it fixed). I will look at this website this weekend and see what I can learn about training for it on my own. THANKS Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. aka Lady Autumn Weight- 257/160/146 BMI- 44.1/27.5/25 Height- 5'4" Total Weight Loss: -97 lbs. Surgery Date- 1/19/05 Visit my OH profile or stop by My Weight Loss Journey Website at: home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-LadyAutumnsWLSjourney Visit my Live Journal at: livejournal.com/users/magickalmom
tdickson
on 8/25/05 9:32 pm - Mechanicsville, MD
Hi Jo, You might want to try a Gym in your area, they generally have a nutritionist there. I really wanted to tell you congratulations on being so close to goal and working out so hard. Wish I was at that point but still have a ways to go. Keep up the good work and good luck with the triathelon. Teresa
Karen K.
on 10/6/05 8:42 am - Paris, France
Jo, Pick up a copy of Nancy Clarks Sports Nutrition Guidebook. She is a recognized authority in the fielod of sports nutrition and writes in a clear, simple style, and explains everything well. She even gives some sample menus. cheers, KarenK
Most Active