Am I the only one?

george G.
on 5/4/05 3:31 am - lincoln, NE
My surgery is scheduled for May11. For the last three weeks I've been on a diet of Carnation Instant Breakfast and salad or vegtables, as requested by my WL Nurse. This last week I've cheated on what I eat. I feel like this is the Last Supper. Sunday I start clear liquids for three days . Is this normal to have these feelings??
on 5/5/05 3:28 am
Hi George..Congrats on upcoming surgery..Everything you are feeling is normal..I just had my Lap Band surgery 4.28 and went extra time on liguids as my husband had the surgery one week before me and I didn't want him to have to smell food or crave it..The 3 days before surgery I would stay on clear liquids to make sure your intestinal track is clear and hopefully it will cut down on gas pain afterwards..Funny thing is everyone feels it's their last supper before surgery but in reality you'll still be able to eat everything you want just smaller portions..I am assuming you are to be banded..If you are and as long as your band isn't to finicky you'll be able to eat a new normal amount..I know I will eat healthier but also know that if I want a small portion of something not as healthy from time to time I can do so..It's a wonderful tool not something to condemn with..You'll do great..Carolyn
Barb McGraw
on 5/6/05 12:43 am - Mount Hermon, CA
Lap Band on 05/18/05 with
Hi, George: I agree with Carolyn. what she did is what my Dr. told me to do. My surgery is May 20th - Lap Band. Make sure you joing the Lap Band Forum and also the May surgery Forum. Lot of neat people on there with good ideas. Barb from CA
Most Active