dietary needs 7 mo. post-op

Mollypop
on 3/20/05 4:03 am - AL
Hi Y'all - I'm down 120 lbs @ 7 mo. post op. I have no energy! I get 70-90 grams of protein daily, meeting liquid requirements too. Taking my vitamins and calcium. Last bloodwork from PCP's office was ok. The nutritionist/dietician from my surgeon's office has moved and has not been replaced. My question, if anyone has answers, is this: with roughly 25-30 lbs remaining to goal weight, how many calories, grams of carbs, fats, should I be getting daily? Obviously, the protein alone isn't getting the energy working - I exercise as much as possible with degenerative arthritis. Hopefully, later this spring I can join a water aerobics class in the evenings (still work full time daily). Doc says energy begets energy but you gotta have a starting point. Currently, I'm zapped. I've extremely limited my carbs for several months - should I increase and if so how many? Also, I'm post-op from gall bladder removal 4 wks ago and spent last week in the hospital with heart issues which turned out ok - no balloon or stent needed now. Any and all answers greatly appreciated. Thanks tons!
Starrlina
on 3/31/05 8:58 pm - Northern, VA
It takes some of us more time after a surgery to get back up to speed -- so take your time and stop when you feel like you need downtime. PLUS -you've had 2 surgeries quite close together. I finally had to change my B-12 pills to a monthly B-12 shot which made me feel a little better. No real surge of energy though, but it works on people differently. Maybe discuss switching to the shot and taking a super b-complex pill with your doctor. You are doing great to be 7 mths out and down 120 lbs! Keep your protein levels high so your hair doesn't start shedding to bad from the anesthesia.
Most Active