Best back on track diet/program 5 years out

Colleenj2
on 3/7/14 9:40 am - Dearborn Heights, MI

I had surgery 5 years ago and I have gained back about 35 pounds.  My fault, I know, but what do you recommend for getting back on track.

ColleenB
Preop 299
Postop 196
Current 230

NicoleLynn2
on 3/7/14 5:43 pm - Orange Park, FL

I would recommend watching your calorie and carb intake again making sure that you are getting all of your lean protein in and your veggies and fruits as well.  Work on smaller portions so that your stomach can shrink back to the size it was 5 years ago.  Then, exercise!  Get active find some type of activity you enjoy and do it for an hour each day be it walking, running, yoga, dvd (there are lots of good ones on YouTube) whatever gets you moving and burning those fat and calories. 

I congratulate  you on catching yourself before the weight gain because too severe, which is what happened to me.

Highest weight: 289

Lowest weight: 131

Current weight: 131!!!!!!!

Just looking for a way to have plastic surgery now.

When the world says, "Give up,"Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

wigginse
on 4/26/14 1:17 am

Thank you also for your response.  I am in the same situation and feel overwhelmed.  I will try your suggestions.  I know exercise is the key but making myself do it is also the key as well. Putting me first now

The grace of God will not take you where the grace of God will not protect you.

Tammy M.
on 3/14/14 12:29 am - Montrose, MN

oh my!  Colleen, we are in the same boat. I had my surgery 11/08 and am up about 35 lbs from my lowest, so I am starting over and trying to get back on track also!  As was said, I need to star****ching my portion size and stop snacking between!  Good luck to you on your journey!

Always remember to keep your eye on the prize and that the best smile is one that is given away.  Please Share!                                                                                           260/180/150
TammY

clamberson
on 3/18/14 9:41 am - Amarillo, TX

Same boat here, almost 5 years out and could stand to re-lose 35-40 lbs...started doing a protein smoothie for lunch and snack and cutting out all carbs but fruits, veggies and cheese.

We can do it!!!

~*Courtney*~
Amarillo, TX
29 yrs old, 5'8.5"
REACHED PERSONAL GOAL 8/2/10

Highest/Surgery/Current/Surgeons Goal/My Goal
    289  /    274   /   195           170         /   

Here is my slide show...if you wanna look.  Here are our family pics from Oct 2010
Do you have a Facebook account?  I do!  Look me up and add me Courtney Clark-Lamberson, just put OH in the request (so I know I know you!)

lionladypa
on 3/28/14 12:27 am

Me too!  I had RNY 3/11 and never got down to where I wanted to be.  When I hit 100 lbs. lost I bounced back up.  I regained 24 lbs. and am having trouble especially at night staying out of the kitchen.  I know I've stretched my pouch and need to get back on track.  I've been going to the program at my bariatric clinic (Geisinger in Danville, PA).  They are great and so supportive.  It really helps to have a support group. I just have to start over each day and give it my best and not beat myself up if I fail.  I tried Weigh****chers for a little while and have all their tools.  It does help me to keep a food journal and I hereby vow to start doing that today!  You guys are my witnesses.  Thanks for being here.

Lisa K.
on 9/19/14 12:41 am

You all are my angels!  I am almost 5 yrs out and gained back 26 lbs.  I rejoined ObesityHelp to help me get back on track.  I'm going back to portion controls, rereading my post op diet plan (protein, carbs, veggies that order),  and exercising 30 minutes a day.  I'm also going back to joining the support group my Dr offers.  I know this is late but I hope you all are doing great in your weightloss!

on 10/30/14 12:07 pm - MUSKEGON, MI

Go to www.livingafterwls.com.  Kaye Bailey's 5 day pouch test has worked for me, it helps you get back on track to eating right.  I am 13 years out I lost 100 ponds gained back 30, I tried the pouch test 2 years ago lost 20 ponds and now have gained it back by not following guidelines, I have just done the pouch test again and after the first week I have lost 5 lbs and no longer crave the carbs and sweets that have been my downfalls in the past.  I am hoping this time will do the trick:)

Most Active