What is the best weight loss diet for a former GB patient?

Bethprgirl
on 12/4/11 5:38 am
 I had my Gastric Bypass Surgery in January 2007, lost about 150lbs and have gained back nearly 40!  Thankfully, I have stopped gaining, but it seems like all the diets I go on, just help me to maintain my current weight and not lose. 
I'll admit that I was a bit too skinny and I just want to take off between 10-20 lbs.
I know I should ask my surgeon but instead I'm reaching out to you, my surgery sisters and brothers. 

I have tried the 4-hour body, weigh****chers (gained weight here), 17 day diet, modified high protien diet, etc. 

What is the answer?

I work out (cardio) at least 3-4 days a week so that is not it.

I know that some weight gain is natural, but I cannot seem to lose no matter what I do.

I'm really stuck and before I go on yet another diet (weight loss plan) - I'd like to hear from you!

I'm really looking forward to this dialogue, and if I can help in any way with any of your issues, I will gladly oblige.
H.A.L.A B.
on 12/20/11 7:25 am

Many of us have that issue.   But I do not think one diet works for everyone. What works for one person - may not work for another. Check the BOTT board.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/discuss ion/

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

tinamarie_125
on 12/22/11 1:32 am
My surgeon recommended weigh****chers to me after I reached my goal. One problem with that....its full of bulky things. Their recipes usually involve rice or pasta. And their frozen stuff always has this in it too. I still can't eat more than a bite or two of grains.
I have found that atkins diet works pretty well for me. It is high protien and very little grains. I know alot of people don't like atkins. Its definitely not a long term way of eating. But it helps me get back on track.
Bethprgirl
on 12/24/11 4:55 am
 Thank you both for your replies
I tried WW and it didn't work but Ive been on this modified atkins plan where you are allowed to cheat 1 day a week and it's helped me to maintain at least.

Most Active