A 80's music fan

smaker
on 5/25/05 12:45 pm - Dallas, TX
I love the 80's, too. My favs are The Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order, Cocteau Twins, etc. 80's music is the best!
crispix
on 6/5/05 9:21 pm - Detroit, MI
STAC I SEE YOUR SURGERY DATE IS EVEN CLOSER THAN JEN'S. I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS. GOOD LUCK AND WHEN YOU GET BETTER KEEP US POSTED ON HOW IT WENT.
smaker
on 6/5/05 10:27 pm - Dallas, TX
Thanks! I appreciate the support!
crispix
on 5/25/05 9:23 pm - Detroit, MI
WHO WERE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE GROUPS AND SINGERS FROM THE 80'S? MINE WERE: CULTURE CLUB TEARS FOR FEARS THE JETS NEW EDITION JOURNEY THE BANGLES BANANARAMA SINGERS: JODY WHATLEY LISA LISA AND CULT JAM PRINCE MORRIS DAY AND THE TIME COREY HART JOHN WAITE PETER GABRIEL
hockeyhottie
on 5/26/05 11:30 pm - Madison Heights, MI
I was big into 80's dance music--like Smiths, Tones on Tails, Bauhaus, Skinny Puppy, Fad Gadget, Sisters of Mercy etc. I went to the Duran Duran concert here in Detroit with my brothers and had a blast. So disappointed that there are no good 80's acts coming to DTE this summer. There is a dance club in Ferndale, MI called Boogie Fever that plays 70's-80's music. I was there for a bacherolette party and had SO much fun. Glad to know there are others out there like me! Smiles, Mel
smaker
on 6/5/05 10:29 pm - Dallas, TX
I love all of the same music as you. I think that music would be considered "goth" by today's standards. hehe I was into all of the industrial and club music. I still listen to a lot of it, too! I saw Morrissey in concert last fall. It was sooo fun!
Amy_Lou
on 3/9/11 1:42 pm - FL
OMG!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Sorry.

I ADORE The Sisters Of Mercy... The Smiths... and ANYTHING Peter Murphy!
I AM BLOWN AWAY and Impressed with you. OK, we have to be pals now! 
::giggles::

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 
   ;*, ;',*             ;*, ;',*;    

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/05 4:43 am
The 80's are over????? I didn't know!!!! I am and have always been the 80's girl!!!! I have over 2000 albums on vinyl. I was a punk/ new wave/ alternative girl. I was in high school in the 80's so it was my time! I love VH1 classics..... Had an 80's party for halloween last year, it was a blast!!!!! Who can to the party...???? Madonna, Dee Snyder, Tom Cruise(in underwear & white shirt) valley girls, Toni Basil, Blues Brothers, Hall & Oates, Paula Abdul, Crockett & Tubbs, Angus Young... It was a great time and I boke out my 80's stuff.....albums, Vans tennis shoes, jewelry, concert t-shirts etc. The best part about now is that you can see losts of 80's bands in concert for pretty cheap. I just saw Eurasure on Sunday here, they were great. I am seeing Whitesnake in a few weeks. I have seen The Cars, Modern English, Devo, Duran Duran, Missing Persons, Flock of seagulls all in the last year!!!!! Long live the 80's Tawny(yeah as in Tawny Kitain from the 80's)
crispix
on 6/5/05 9:16 pm - Detroit, MI
ROCK ON TAWNY!!! LOL YEAH!!! ITS COOL TO KNOW THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS INTO THE 80'S, THE MUSIC, CLOTHES, ETC. C/O 87" DUDES! OSBORN HIGH SCHOOL IN DETROIT. ONE THING TO LEAVE YOU GUYS WITH...ON NEW WAVE DAY I WORE A TRASH BAG (HEFTY-GREEN) AND A TRASH BAG SASH TIED AROUND MY WAIST WITH HOLEY STONEWASHED JEANS AND BLACK BOOTS. HOW COOL WAS THAT? OH YEAH, AND SPIKED UP MY HAIR WITH DIPPITY DOO GEL LOL
smaker
on 6/5/05 10:33 pm - Dallas, TX
I saw Erasure on the 31st and it was a blast! Everyone was singing at the top of their lungs. hehe It was so much fun!! You know, Vans are back now. I work at a high school and a lot of the kids were old school Vans and high top Converse, which they call "Chucks". hehe
Most Active
Recent Topics
this board is dead!
roxyroad · 1 replies · 436 views
Music: bluesy rock!
apturner · 0 replies · 461 views
Lookin for musicians...
luckyguitar110401 · 1 replies · 471 views