This is a test.
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/07 4:46 am - Newport Beach, CA
Topic: RE: Antidepressants and Weight Loss
Testing - does my signature appear??
Rosansamuel
on 4/2/07 5:48 am - Pemberton, NJ
Topic: RE: Holistic Healing
Hi Jen, I am a practicing Buddhist and therefore def think that we need to balance the mind, body and spirit through meditation and mantras.. and chakra balancing... I have not had the surgery yet, but i know i need to focus on re-connecting my mind to my new body afterwards as well as before. Good luck! Drop me a line if you want to talk. Take care and Namaste..
NinaFM
on 2/1/07 1:40 pm
Topic: Antidepressants and Weight Loss
Hi all - antidepressants and other mood stabilizing meds can cause cravings and a feeling of never being full no matter how much is eaten. The result is weight gain and difficulty losing weight. This can be so incredibly distressing! But it's not your fault. Medications can be such a help one's mood but the fact that they cause weight gain and make it really hard to lose weight is a terrible side effect. Scientific research conducted at MIT by Judith J Wurtman, PhD has shown that if you eat low fat, low protein carbs in the late afternoon or for dinner, your brain can make serotonin which can give you a mental boost and take the edge off your appetite so you can feel satisfied eating less. Try a handful of pretzels at 4pm to see how it works. The reason it works is that eating carbs sets off a series of reactions that allow the brain to make serotonin, the body's feel-good chemical that shuts off your appetite and is comforting (hence "comfort foods" and always carbs - it's just that the fat in those comfort foods adds too many calories and can make you feel sluggish - next time try fat free or low fat comfort foods). The reason for eating carbs in the afternoon and evening is that is when serotonin levels are naturally low and that's when most people tend to overeat. Let me know if you want to learn where to read more on this topic.
Mystical_Dreamer
on 7/13/06 7:35 am - GA
Topic: Holistic Healing
Anyone else interested in a holistic approach to our new way of life? Holistic means using the mind, body and spirit for healing. As my body shrinks, I find a need to tap into all 3 aspects. Anyone else intrested? Drop me a note and maybe together we can breathe life into this board. Jen
cblwench911
on 5/20/06 10:37 am - fountain, CO
Topic: RE: Are you curious as to what this is about????
maressa, seems that our interests are the same and out weight loss goals are the same, I too considered the surgery a few years back but i was all cancled by my doctors when my hubby wouldnt go along with it. Well after a few really bad years he and i are on the same page. And now im just waiting for one my hurdle and my date..love to hear from u some more,,sherrie
Maritza .
on 5/7/06 2:43 am - Somewhere, KY
Topic: Are you curious as to what this is about????
Keep in mind that your emotional well being is just as important as your physical well being. What are your hobbies? What do you do for fun? How do you relax? Don't over work your self and learn to say ... No. Mind Body and Spirit. Maressa
JC
on 12/30/05 6:33 am - Mt Vernon, ME
Topic: Welcome to the Mind, Body and Spirit message board

Creating your own post - how to use emoticons

Emoticons associated with your post's title

One emoticon may be associated with your post's title. (We currently do not support embedding emoticons in post titles; the emoticon image you select to go with your post will appear to the left of the post's title.) To select an emoticon image to go with your post title, click the down-arrow marked Title Images to the left of the area where you will type your post. A menu of images should appear; click on one to make it the title image of your post. The image you have selected will appear outlined in red in the Title Images menu.

Emoticons inserted into your post

As many emoticons as you like may be inserted into the body of your post. To view the available emoticons which you may insert, click the down-arrow marked Message Emoticons to the left of the area where you type your post. You will see a list of textual representations of emoticons and their corresponding emoticon images. To insert an image into your post, type the corresponding text. For example, to include this image :-) in your post, you'd type :-), and to include this one :angel: you'd type :angel:.

Click here to view a list of all members who have posted to this message board.

Most Active
Recent Topics
we create our own hell
Julie W. · 0 replies · 437 views
esther and jerry hicks?
Char_in_Md · 2 replies · 581 views
Anti-depressants Post Op Absorb
xflgirl · 1 replies · 467 views
Books read
wisehealing · 3 replies · 442 views