costs in mx

roseygirl
on 8/20/14 3:32 pm

My Dr said ds is only for super morbidly obese but I've seen folks with a lower bmi than me get ds and do well. Anywho my ins is being a pain so thinking self pay in mx for either a sleeve or ds. What prices have ya'll seen for these? I'm thinking of dr ortiz in tj or dr ungson in mexicali.

llLou
on 8/21/14 4:22 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I paid $5,500 in Tijuana in 2012. I had my VSG done by Dr. Kelly. He is a great surgeon and his team is fantastic. It was the best decision I've ever made. Good luck! Linda

LessofRaven
on 8/23/14 2:18 pm - San Jose , CA
VSG on 09/24/14

I'm going with Dr. Kelly in September but i picked the nicer hospital so my price is 6500. Same as Dr. Ortiz. 

Sleeved! 9/24/2014 by Dr. Bhoyrul  SW: 265  CW:253

First Goal 10% (238.5) , Second Goal 25% (198.5), Finish line (150)  

llLou
on 8/25/14 12:47 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

If its The Angles Hospital you made an excellent choice. We went there for our leak tests. Good luck1 You also made a great choice with Dr. Kelly!  Linda

susan88
on 8/25/14 1:47 pm
VSG on 08/08/14 with

Hi.  I was sleeved in TJ my Dr.Alejandro Lopez at Mi Hospital on 8/8..  I was very pleased with the treatment I received at this hospital and the Marriott hotel accommodations were amazing.  My experience overall was way better than I expected.  I am recovering very well and would recommend this Dr and hospital.  It was easy flying into San Diego and being picked up at the airport.  Feel free to message me with questions.  I paid $4400.

beckern727
on 9/4/14 4:43 am - San Diego

Hi!

I had my sleeve done with Dr. Abril in Mexicali.  I paid $6,500 and included everything. He operates in a hospital, NOT a clinic or outpatient center (be very careful since many doctors offer better prices due to this BIG difference.)  I live in San Diego, so gladly I didn't have to pay for airline tickets.  Due to the short distance, I was able to actually go there before my surgery and personally talk to the doctor.  If your insurance is being a pain, I would suggest that you contact any of the options that your are considering since sometimes they can be a little more flexible depending on your health risks.  I've heard that it has to be at least 35, but if you are at risk, then it can be a little lower. I would recommend anyone to go down south and get surgery for many reasons.  Good luck!

Nicole Becker

Sleeved by Dr. Rafael Abril in Mexicali B.C.

May 2014

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 308 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 492 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1090 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1661 views