help

mZ gRoWn *N* sExY
on 2/28/05 4:19 am - Slimmin on Down, PA
is it true that it takes a fairly small portion of alcohol to get you intoxicated after wls? and what about smoking, how does it affect you after wls? i am a smoker. well i was a smoker and i just wonder would i pick the habit up agaiin after the surgery?
susan1713
on 3/10/05 3:57 am - Simi Valley, CA
HI there....I don't know about the smoking 'cuz I've never been a smoker. As far as the alcohol, I've read quite a bit about it and it seems so consistent that it is seriously an "individual" thing. For me, I am 5 months post-op...down 98 lbs. I had my first drink a few weeks ago...cranberry light and vodka. It took me quite a while to drink it down but I did..and I did start feeling lightheaded..then a bit "tipsier" and "tipsier." I think it just depends on how much you drink, what you drink and your size as you go along.... Good luck...Have you had the surgery yet? take care, Susan
pokey
on 3/15/05 1:42 am - Toronto, Canada
I quit smoking about 6 weeks before my WLS back in December. I was okay up until about a month post-op... i started smoking again because of the hand-to-mouth thing- I find I think about eating and munching less when I have a cigarrette on the go... Will you smoke again after surgery? Depends on how much you like smoking.... For me I missed the first one of the day and the one after my shower and the one after food....and the one while watching sitcoms and I really missed the smoke at the busstop while heading to work... and the one...
mZ gRoWn *N* sExY
on 3/15/05 1:58 am - Slimmin on Down, PA
i know what you mean. i am still tryin to quit smoking. well i only smoke maybe one or two a day and that is wheni get off of work but wow its hard and i know i have to stop. i have my testing in about three weeks and i hope that i will past!!! wish me luck
jacqueline B.
on 10/8/05 3:57 pm - houston, TX
I am over a year post-op and if i drink more than a couple of sips , my arms start hurting and i get sick and i feel awful it is not worth it girl.I also get very dizzy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 711 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 699 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 922 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1627 views