Starting a new anti-depressant tomorrow

Strjen
on 3/24/13 1:25 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

So after my PCP added Wellbutrin 150 mg to my Celexa 40 mg I noticed I was more irratable & snappy. My PCP decided that it was time to change to a different anti-depressant. I had been on Celexa for 13 years, but he said they just in the past year have been finding out that Celexa is having a lot of drug interactions. So after wheening myself off Celexa this past week, which by the way I can really tell the difference that it's not in my system as it has been. I will be starting Prozac 20mg with the Wellbutrin 150mg tomorrow. I really hope this combo does well for me. I also hope I will now be able to sleep at night too. My PCP said that it may help with that as well since I have not slept a complete night since surgery.

Anyone taking the prozac/wellbutrin combo? Or have taken the combo? Would like to hear from you with your experiences with it.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

VelmaZ
on 4/10/13 8:34 am

I took that combo for awhile it helped, but I was still having symptoms. I gained about 5 pounds with the Wellbutrin, with no change of diet or excersize.

Then the doc stopped the wellbutrin and put me on Prozac plus Ambilify...that helped for 4 months but it caused me to gain 40 pounds and I couldn't sleep at all!!

Now I'm off Ambilify and on Prozac and Doxipen...I am sleeping now..YEAH...but I still have symptoms so doc will probably add or increase somethiing.

I'm now trying to lose the pounds that I gained..my PCP said it should come off slowly now that I'm off the Ambilify. I am thinking that maybe something else is going on with my RNYand the weight gain wasn't totally the meds.since I am having pain and discomfort after eating.  I am going to see the doctor that did my surgery Monday to see if my pouch has streched, my stoma has strched or that my pouch has attached back to my remnent stomach.

I hope the combo works for you...depression is terrible!

Velma 

coffeebean2003
on 9/25/13 5:48 am - Peterborough, Canada

I have been on Prozac since 1999 and about 3 years ago Wellbutrin was added. I take 60mg of Prozac and 450mg of Wellbutrin. This combo has been the best yet, even my husband says my depression/bipolar are in much better shape with the medication change. If I remember correctly both have side affects of not sleeping, so I take them in the morning. Although I take much higher doses plus a few more meds at night time I hope this helps a little.

Tracy

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 710 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 699 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 922 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1626 views