Thanks to Everyone!

Danny Riggs
on 2/4/07 4:04 am - Houston, TX
Hey Guys! Fixin' to head over to Mom's for the SOUPer Bowl/Birthday Party. I slept really late today and imagine my shock as I got up and checked e-mail this morning and found all the support messages. You folks are wonderful and I thank each and every one of you for the support and encouragement over the last three years. It's amazing how the obstacles we face are placed in our lives not to prevent from achieving what we want, but rather to guide to what is best in accordance with a greater plan. Althoug there has been much struggle and heartache to get to this point, I would not go back and change anything. For those who may be new on this journey, DON"T GIVE UP!!!!! It will happen when it is supposed to happen. If anyone would have told me three years ago that I would be where I am today, I would have blown them off and never believed it. Again, thanks to everyone.....I will be leaving for the hospital tomorrow morning around 04:00 and will have someone post as soon as possible to let ya know how things go. Clean out a locker, I'm coming over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
semperfidad
on 2/4/07 6:21 am - Shelbyville, IL
Got a spot cleared off for you, and Keeping it warm! See you on the Losers Bench!! Semper Fidelis!!
Ron .
on 2/4/07 6:24 am - DFW, TX
Welcome Danny, Although I can't tell you what will happen, I can tell you what my experience was at the time of surgery. First, the night before I was as nervous as a person could be. It wasn't the prospect of having surgery as I had done the routine many, many times before for other reasons. I think it was the fear of not being able to satisfy my hunger like I had become used to. Well let me put your fears to rest. After surgery you won't have hunger like you're used to pre-op. I didn't anyway. I had open RNY and I found it to be a little more painful than I had imagined. Don't worry, the hospital will provide you with morphine. I had a button that I could push every 8 minutes. It really takes the edge off the pain. Make sure to get up and walk ASAP. It will be very uncomfortable at first, but gets easier each time afterwards. You won't be able to eat or drin****il the doctor make sure everything is sealed up tight, 48 hours for me. Also not a huge deal because your appetite will be next to nothing, or nothing in my case. It does become a little rough in the first two weeks during the liquid diet. I found that doing a lot of research at the grocery store helped me. I would spend an hour or more just looking at different labels and wishing the liquid phase was over. Then on to the pureed foods. Eating pureed foods fills you a little better, but the food tastes bland. Use hot sauce and seasoning to keep things spiced up a little. It really helps. Before you know it, you're on to the soft food diet. I was thanking God when this phase rolled around. Your body will start to crave chewing solid food, it's normal. Make sure you're careful trying new foods. Try one new food at a time. IF you are a dumper, then you can isolate what made you sick and discontinue use of that food. Drinking your fluids and taking your vitamins are also very important because along with the malabsorption of food, you do the same with fluids and nutrients. Good luck with your journey. Your body will thank you for the weight loss. I lost 45 lbs in the first month, 29 first two weeks, 10 third week, 5 fourth week. Some guys lose more than that. I started at 351 lbs. Today I am 6 months out at 255 lbs. Ronnie P.S. Fell free to drop me a line with any questions.
Jim G.
on 2/4/07 6:33 am - Waverly, PA
Danny, Good luck tomorrow! Jim
Dx E
on 2/4/07 7:23 am - Northern, MS
Danny, It's been a long time coming! Have the Greatest ever!! Hope to hear you are home and on the mend soon! Best Wishes- Dx
Paul Gubrud
on 2/4/07 8:16 am - Pelican Rapids, MN
Danny, You have fought a long and hard battle to get to this point. From now on it will be smooth sailing. I'm happy for you. Good luck tomorrow and I'll see you on the other side. May Your Lantern Burn Bright, Paul
Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 25 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 56 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 80 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 93 views