So Impressed

daniel patrick
on 2/3/07 7:25 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Since June of 2005, I have read the posts on this board at least five times a day. I check it first thing in the morning..and read it the last thing at night. I used to be a multiple day poster....but as time went on... started to lessen my input. I used to think that the this might be the one place that I might matter. Someplace I could share my experience and knowledge..someplace that I could make deep friendships. Needless to say, I have learned some extremely positive and some saddening negative things. There have been numerous comments and statements made that have pushed me away from being part of the forum...but I still always come back... However, the one thing that I have truly learned is how much the men in this board truly care for one another and how supportive they can be. Often posts will reflect the desire to know where somebody is due to not seeing them in a while. Posts related to great new photographs added. And of course...the incredible posts realted to support of one another with t-shirts, gift cards, and "tradgey" support. Can I how impressed I am with all of you. There are su*****redibly wonderful and supportive men in this room... and I thank you for the time that you all spend be-friending one another.... WHAT YOU GUYS DO FOR ONE ANOTHER IS WONDERFUL AND I THINK YOU ARE REALLY GREAT!!!
George Price
on 2/3/07 8:18 am - Leesburg, GA
Dan, I too am and have always been impressed with the support shown here. However, you talk as if you are not part of the support system here. You are as much a part of Us as anyone else, So keep on keeping on and keep the support coming guy. I'm glad to be a part of the locker room. George
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/07 8:35 am - Houston, TX
Dp, You are rightm this is a great group of guys....a little smelly, but good hearts....you need to chat more often.... how's it been hanging? Russ
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/3/07 12:52 pm - Japan
Thanks for your post Mike. I do hope you'll post a lot like you did before. Looks like you've been here longer than most of us and we'd love to have you here more often. I think people just have to overlook some of the (sometimes my) posts as idiosyncracies and go on. If we tried to temper one another's opinions and moods more often, it would just end up like some other boards. Some people prefer to be risque, some ****y, some reverent, some irreverent. Some of us like to lash out at external flames, some like to make fairy violations, but most of the time, people are just trying to encourage one another. So, anyway welcome and by the way, looks like you're keeping the weight off and staying in shape, in spite of around two years post (no?) Best Regards, Dave
Dx E
on 2/3/07 3:02 pm - Northern, MS
Daniel, So great to see that you haven't let the occasional insensitive remarks Put you off of the whole board!! It's what I like about this bunch, un-edited, warts and all, Makes for some real life. ALWAYS- Blunt, Irreverent, Prayerful, Semi-Obscene, Loving, Laughing, Understanding, Hard-azzed, Soft-Hearted, Crass, Classic, Silly, Serious, Capricious, Impulsive, Unpredictable... RARELY- Petty, Phony, Mean, Trivial, Fake, Unapproachable, Stingy, Deceptive, Trifling , Indifferent, Disloyal, Apathetic... Quick to "Get over It!" Gotta Love that about this Board... Great to see you still drop in! Don't be a Stranger! Best Wishes- Dx ....(for those of you newer to the Men's Forum... ....Check out Daniel's Book- ...."Cooking After Gastric Bypass Surgery: ....A Collection of Low Fat & Sugar Free Recipes." ....At- http://sinaibariatricestore.com/?pagename=DisplayMenuItem&MenuID=277 .... He's another one of those amazing successes ....who is 'giving back' to those just starting ....to change their lives forever with WLS.)
Herfdude
on 2/4/07 3:40 am - Oxnard, CA
Daniel I too have enjoyed so many of your posts and it's always great to hear from the long-timers and how they are continuing to be successful with their weight loss. It serves as a great inspiration to all of us who aren't there yet. I bought Daniel's cookbook and I can personally vouch for how good it is and with such a variety of easy to prepare menu items. Whatever you do...... don't exit the locker room !!!!
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 14 views
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 39 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 71 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 84 views