Pumping is not helping!

Brandnewme42
on 1/30/11 8:13 pm
I have a pump I use everyday for about an 1hr. 15 mins. for my lymphedema and still my feet and legs are swollen. I take water pills twice a week and then pump. It helps a bit when I take the water pills, but that's just it...it helps a little bit. Are any of you having the same problem if you are using a pump or taking water pills?
Hello I am looking for people who live in the Warren and Center Line area who are preparing for weight loss surgery or had the surgery. Possibly you are having it at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital on E. 10 Mile in Center Line or you had it there. I am preparing for surgery and even though I don't have my exact date as of yet I would like to keep in touch with others that are like me or was like me. Serious replies only please, maybe this summer we could form a walking group and just support each other through our journey of getting healthy.

Please contact me via email, if you are seriously interested in forming this group.

Thanks!

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 2/4/11 9:30 am
I went for pumping and message therapy to a rehab center which did little to help me until I started wearing a compression garment sold by Lip-Xpress that I found at an OH Convention.  After wearing the garment for the first weekend I had dropped 9# of fluid.  After 7 months, 40#.  I still wear the garment religiously to control the swelling.  It also helped to sleep upside down in a recliner.  I don't sleep upside down anymore.  In the beginning though it seemed to make a big difference.  If you have swelling down as far as your feet, you will need a custom length garment.  Measure your inseam and order accordingly. 

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Brandnewme42
on 2/4/11 10:06 pm
Thanks so much for the advice, that's probably what I need some kind of compression garment. We have a medical supply store right down the street which should have something like that.
Hello I am looking for people who live in the Warren and Center Line area who are preparing for weight loss surgery or had the surgery. Possibly you are having it at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital on E. 10 Mile in Center Line or you had it there. I am preparing for surgery and even though I don't have my exact date as of yet I would like to keep in touch with others that are like me or was like me. Serious replies only please, maybe this summer we could form a walking group and just support each other through our journey of getting healthy.

Please contact me via email, if you are seriously interested in forming this group.

Thanks!

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 2/4/11 11:19 pm

Make sure its durable enough to last you for years and that it is adjustable, mine can be sewn smaller (the seams are on the outside as not to irritate the skin).  The rep who set me up with my pump said he'd never seen anything like it for the price and durability.  I have 2 full length in black, 2 full length in beige, 2 full length in off white, 2 below the knee length in beige.  I also found compression stockings on drugstore.com for extending the length on the below the knee ones.  I had tried spanx and they were not durable.  Jobst brand was way too expensive.

Drugstore.com sells pantyhose style and knee high style.

Amerimark.com sells the knee high style a *****eaper than drugstore.com

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active