Just wanted to pop in and say...

Brianna
on 7/12/06 3:42 am - Lebanon, PA
HOWDY!!! I haven't been on much these past couple of weeks, I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and had a safe and fun filled 4th holiday! I had a double celebration that week, friends over on the 4th, then again okn the 6th for my big 40 b-day party.. it was ALOT of fun!! I finally got my custom fitted stocking, what a difference the right stocking makes! The swelling has been down for weeks now, but the past few days the pain has increased, I am not sure exactly why, it isn't bad, on a scale of 1-10 it is only about a 2.. but it had gone away for the most part... I will talk to my therapist about it when I see her again. Take care all!!!
robert
on 7/13/06 12:16 am - gadsden, AL
Congrads on the new proper fitting stocking- it does make life oh so much better. Glad the Holidays was well for you - mine was well also. The big 40 wow!!!! does that mean it is time for the mid-life crisis. Go for the red conv. sportscar.LOL AS for the pain for the last few days, I would tell the doctor/therapist about that and see what he/she has to say about it. It could be nothing to worry about but then again pain means something ain't right -but since you have lymphedema you already know something ain't right,so.....Some days when I am more active I have pain from that or if my stocking 'shifts' and bunches a little bit or it just does not fit as well as the day before I can feel pain. Better to be safe than sorry so when in doubt ask the Doc. SOmetime if I do alot today I will be fine but tommorrow I will feel it, or later in the day. Something that works for me is to keep records of what I did and when and how mich pain it caused me or any other effects like swelling/fatique etc. and later bring record to Doctor to decide if soemthing can be done to correct problem or if it a thing I just have to deal with. We recall things that happened but sometimes we forget or do not think of it as we are seeeing the doctor - so a quick note makes sense for me . BUt you do what works for you Gald life is better for you these days, Robert
Amy Williams
on 7/15/06 7:00 pm
I'm so glad that you got your custom fitted stockings, those make a world of difference. Keep a close eye on your pain, just make sure it's not an infection coming on or anything. Did you lose any weight from the therapy? Amy
LymphActivist
on 7/29/06 5:26 am - Northridge, CA
Hi Brianna, I noted in your previous message that you wanted to get rid of the bandaging when you were fitted for a compression stocking. Did you? That might not be a good idea. Do you bandage at night? We find that bandaging is still the "gold standard" in lymphedema management. Whenever my wife Pearl starts having any pain or heaviness in her lymphedema arm, as is happening now in our 100-degree plus temperatures in California, I put her in bandages at night. She tells me that 20 minutes after I finish bandaging her arm feels good again. She wears either the bandages or a compression sleeve during the day to maintain the compression. Bob Weiss Lymphedema Treatment Advocate
Most Active