Blood work Help

nannybb
on 6/20/06 1:09 pm - Martinsville, VA
My Dr says I may have Leukemia. My wbc is low as well as a few other things. My surg was 14 mo. ago could these be related. I am worried to death I dont know what to think. Thanks for listening.
MikeB
on 6/20/06 10:09 pm - Pottstown, PA
I would follow through with any type of test there is. , and find out for sure. Don't let this go to public opinion. Mike
robert
on 6/21/06 4:53 am - gadsden, AL
I would follow what my doctor has to say about care and treatments but if you question what the doctors say and think he/she might not have all the facts there is nothing wrong with seeing another doctor for a second opoin. If more of us did that it would help us oh so much. Doctors are people too,they make mistakes, read test wrong -I am not trying to give you false hope,but if you might have a medical problem you deserve the best care there is, and another doctor might help you out or if nothing else agree with what the 1st doctor had said to you .
Brianna
on 6/26/06 4:05 am - Lebanon, PA
Brenda, I am so sorry you are going trhrough this, have you gotten a second opinion? a third?? I was at a Relay for Life Rally this weekend, one of the speakers there was saying how he was misdiagnosed by the first Dr, the second said immediate surgery, which he had, then the 3rd confirmed what the second one said, but said the surgery was not needed (the cancer had spread beyond what they removed by this point, chemo would have been the way to go) Anyway, my point is, on somehting this big, don't take one man's opinion, get a second, third or even a fourht opinion if you feel you need to. Take care.. God Bless
Most Active