got my stocking today

Brianna
on 6/19/06 3:22 pm - Lebanon, PA
I never thought I would be glad to get a compression stocking, but I sure was thrilled to put it on instead of the wrap today! My leg has responded very well, I knew that so far, I had a mild case, and was hoping to keep it that way... the only problem I have with the stocking it at the knee, it is just a little too long and seems to roll up, really cutting off circulation any suggestions?? I have tried folding it, but it just wants to roll... I don't see my therapist again until Wed, and am hoping for help before then. On a positive note, I got the silky beige color and you can hardly tell I am wearing anything.. because nothing will stop me from wearing shorts!! haha
Brianna
on 6/19/06 8:19 pm - Lebanon, PA
I ake it back, the thrill of the stocking has gone, I am going back tomorrow to make sure they gave me the right size, it didn't take long for the stocking to cut off my circulation at the knee, leaving a deep red mark behind, I tried various adjustments, befoe I had to take it off.. I will have them re-measure and see if I possibly need a custom made.. I know they are supposed to be itght, but not to that pont, when I was in nursing, I put them on and took them off of many patients, and have never seen lines such as this one gave me.. OUCH!
robert
on 6/20/06 7:27 am - gadsden, AL
I would go back to the doctor and make sure they got the right size there could of been a mess up. If this is your first time wearing -do not get mad but it could be you or how you wore them or such. I would go in the doctors office with an open mind and ask if where the problem is -the stocking or maybe you put it on wrong.I know you dont want to even think that your wrong but that could be the case and/or there could be a problem with the stocking itself. When I get new stockings the first few times it seems a bit to tight but after a few wearings they feel good to me. Every once in a way I do have the knee feel tight on me but that is normally due to my leg trying to swell up a bit,if I lay down a while my leg goes down and all is well once again. Anyway you should go back and ask the doctor to re-chceck to amke sure there is not a problem.
Brianna
on 6/20/06 2:57 pm - Lebanon, PA
I am taking the stockings to my LE appt in the morning and will see what my therapist says.. if it is me, I am fine with that, as long as she can show me the right way to get them on. I am back to the wrap until then.. still haven't mastered it, but it is getting better. Thanks for al the continued support and advice.
MikeB
on 6/20/06 12:08 am - Pottstown, PA
Hello Brianna, I was reading your post. Is it possible that you didn't get a tight enough stocking? If the compression isn't high enough it could lead to roll down. When you put it on pull it so the top is just above the calf. This was tough for me at first because I went from class 4 customs to off the shelf 40 -50 and the level of compression and the garment itself is very different. Good luck at your appaonitment. Mike
Amy Williams
on 6/25/06 8:25 am
How did it turn out? I'm sorry I've not been around more, I've been lucky that mine have been custom made and I'll continue to have to have then custom made. I love the ones I get they have a very large band at the top and I don't have problem with them rolling down. Amy
ericklein
on 6/10/07 2:22 pm - Mission Viejo, CA

I wish there could be more info about this on OH.  Seems like people could have a lot to share about their experiences. Perhaps some stocking directory or comparison theme.  I imagine a key word searh on lymphadema on member profiles in the past half year could turn up a list of individuals who could be emailed to read and comment on some mag content put up on line.

Most Active