A couple of questions

lolly1206
on 5/29/05 11:36 am - Blackstone, MA
I never knew this board existed! I am scheduled for surgery in just over a month. Currently I am on Plaquenil once a day and Sulindac (an anti-inflammatory) once a day. I know I will have to quit taking the Sulindac after surgery, but do any of you still take Plaquenil? My other question is if any of you have the positive anti-cardiolipin? I have tested positive in the past, but a few months ago it came back negative. I am still on 325mg of aspirin a day. I know I have to stop the aspirin after surgery as well. Should I be concerned about what will happen if it comes back positive again? I won't be able to take the aspirin, correct? And I'm worried about blood clots after surgery. How did you all do? Thanks so much in advance to anyone who answers! Lauren
Sphinxy
on 6/29/05 1:48 am - Redlands, CA
Hi Lauren, Sorry.. have not been to the board in a while so did not see your post. I was on Plaquenil before surgery but stopped after surgery at my rheumy's recommendation. It appears that plaquenil can often cause nausea and GI discomfort so he did not want to add to this issue. I had been on the drug for at least 3 yrs so he also felt the effects of the plaquenil would last long after I stopped taking it. To this date I ahve not restarted the plaquenil. I did not have the anti-cardio, but I do suggest you get your surgeon and your rheumy on the same page. Fortunately i have a wonderful PCP who coordinates all my care and this keeps everyone working toward the same goal - good health for me. I let my rheumy know long before I even had surgery that I was going to do it so we could wean on the steroids and get off the anti-inflammatories etc. Interestingly enough, while home recovering from surgery my lupus went totally into remission - I had great levels of everything like I have never had before!! B
Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1755 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2067 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2184 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2963 views
Test
rockybuddy · 1 replies · 4696 views