Welcome to the ObesityHelp Lupus Forum Message Board

Sherri O.
on 9/16/04 3:07 am - Jonesborough, TN
Welcome to the ObesityHelp Lupus Forum Message Board
ShrinkinShell
on 10/27/04 12:59 pm - Huntington Beach, CA
I have Lupus and I'd love to connect with others who have it and are post op. Anyone out there? I'm wondering if you were able to take NSAIDs after surgery. Thanks!
Linda Habay
on 12/25/04 12:28 pm - Santa Maria, CA
I have lupus too, It did go away for away. But now I am having flares ups and have some other complcations with Lupus,
Sphinxy
on 1/1/05 3:46 pm - Redlands, CA
My surgeon said that i could take NSAIDs if they were in liquid form if I had to for lupus... he suggested Advil Liqui gels.... the coating seems to melt so that pills do not stick to the pouch lining and create ulcers?? B
Sphinxy
on 3/10/05 10:31 am - Redlands, CA
OK.... Things have changed.... am now starting to flare.... can't take the Advil.... it burns (surprised I can feel this)..... Tylenol does diddly sqat for me.... may as well spit in the wind..... now trying acupuncture..... don't think this is working either. B
erin o
on 4/3/05 1:24 pm - MOORPARK, CA
I have lupus..What meds are you taking..I am havin trouble with mine.Major nausea.. erin
krispy
on 2/21/05 11:17 pm - Grape town, CA
Hi, As for me I take Mobic, (SP) as a anti-inflamatory when needed, and also take Ultracet as my pain med as needed. However with the pain med I do take a pill to for my pouch to keep it safe from ulser's ect..if I don't take this with the Ultracet I get a horrible stomach ache! Personally my doctor's want me to stay away from Advil, so when I can I get by with Tylenol. Hope this helps a bit, take care and thanks for the information to this site! Kristie
Sphinxy
on 3/10/05 10:30 am - Redlands, CA
Hijack! Great new picture Kristie.....nice to see you.... have missed you a bunch. You were one of the first welcoming faces I encountered on this site....thank you again for that! How are you and Mike? B
krispy
on 4/4/05 1:23 am - Grape town, CA
Hi B, Thanks for all your kind words, Mike and I are doing well. Lupus has been flairing up again so needless to say I've been dealing with that. Changing jobs, (needed less stress) The weight is still continuing to come off, I cannot believe it's been a year already for both Mike and I! Boy how time flies. I hope you are doing well, Chat with you soon! Kristie
erin o
on 4/3/05 1:23 pm - MOORPARK, CA
Kristie, I saw your posts all the time on the cali board and never realized you had Lupus!! How are you handling it?? erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1755 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2067 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2184 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2963 views
Test
rockybuddy · 1 replies · 4696 views