Any lupies out there who had the DS?

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/11 12:44 pm

I know that many surgeons who do the DS are reluctant to do it on SLE patients because of the malabsorptiion, but I had a DS, and while I'm not saying that it will help *everyone*, medicines that did not work before I lost weight are now working.

I also have fibromyalgia.
Susan Kafuko
on 2/6/11 9:36 am - Charlotte , NC
Hello there....I had RNY and I have Lupus, Fibromyalgia, and RA. I'm only 6mths out and have loss 86 pounds. I think it has helped me in a GREAT way. I'm not on so many pain meds now. Thank God
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/11 1:40 am - California, TX
Hello all, Here is the information about the surgeon but I want to ask about zija as it is good for health as taken as supplement.
Zija
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/11 10:07 am

Hi SUsan!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.I usually hang out on the DS board.

The weight loss has helped me a great deal, too. Not in as much pain, and I completely lost prednisone for the SLE, Plaquenil is now working, as well as Lyrica for the fibro. No more high blood pressure , and I also no longer take Mirapex for restless leg.  No more CPAP, either!  The best thing is, my rheumy says my knee replacements can wait for another 10-15 years!  I get Synvisc-One injections in my knees, and I put Voltaren Gel on them for pain.

That sounds like a lot , considering I also have to get my supplements in, but I have a routine where it's not so bad.

Hope everything continues to go well for you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1755 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2067 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2184 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2963 views
Test
rockybuddy · 1 replies · 4696 views