I decided on the VGS and am 9 days post-op!

hamptons11937
on 4/21/10 10:15 pm - East Hampton, NY
 To my Lupus friends:
My last post was regarding which procedure i wanted to have done.  After a lot of research, the vertical gastric sleeve seemed the best choice for me.  I am happy to say the operation went well and I'm feeling okay.  I had a bit of a Lupus flare after the surgery, but it went away the day I left the hospital... I felt so blessed.
I'm no expert in WLS, but I've had Lupus for what seems like forever and if there's any way I can help anyone or answer any questions, please let me know.
 Kim                 
enufisenuf
on 4/26/10 5:19 am - Gold Hill, OR
What made you decide on VSG?  I have lupus & Sjogren's and recently diagnosed with diabetes.  The RNY seems to be the best choice for me but I am afraid of the esophagus problems and gastroparesis (slow stomach emptying) with Sjorgren's and dumping syndrome (which I have often) with diabetes.  Both the VSG and the DS have been recommended but neither are covered on insurance. 
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/12 12:50 pm
 Howdy,

I have some questions..how are you doing and feeling now after surgery? What is "WLS"?  I am not familiar with acronyms on the blog.
HB 
Robin S.
on 4/27/10 9:12 am - Chatsworth, CA
YEA FOR YOU!!!    I'm on my 4th day of liquid pre op and have surgery on May 7!    Saw my Rheumatologist last Friday and he said my labs looked ok but redid my double stranded anti DNA.  It always runs high - about 20 and was 40 last week.   Has been up to 125 with no flare so when it went down to 30's he said he is OK with letting me have the surgery.

Surgeon explained about the extra prednisone shock before they do the procedure and reminded me of slower healing time.    I'd like to add you to my friends list to keep an eye on you and help me thru too.   OK??
I'm Just Robin!
Highest weight 250 - Goal Weight 150 - Current Weight 147
*** Hanging with Weight Watchers now to keep on track ***  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1754 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2066 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2184 views
Testing symbol