lupus patients who have had gastric bypass

reneepurnell50
on 2/2/10 10:03 pm, edited 2/2/10 12:26 pm
I would like any information on a sle lupus patient who has had gastic bypass. I have sle, fibromaylia, sjogern, and I also suffer from chronic back pain.However I had gastric bypass surgery in 2001.  I lost over 200lbs.  I am still having dumping syndrom feeling after eating anything greasy or sweet.  It does not have to be alot of gease, just like a taco from Taco Bell or a hershey's candy bar... The gas is unbearable. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do . It was 8 yrs in October since I had the sugery?? Please Help>>>

Renee'
talksoupslp
on 2/2/10 10:46 pm
It's a good thing you still have dumping syndrome!  And sounds like you should be staying away from Taco Bell and Hershey candy bars.

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
(deactivated member)
on 10/5/10 5:14 pm

ok, talksoup! that was totally rude. that person has a real problem, and you just craped on her. not nice. give her some advice she can use.

hamptons11937
on 3/12/10 10:10 pm - East Hampton, NY
 Renee',
How did the procedure go for you wen you first had it done?
I'm sorry I can't give you any advice as I haven't had my procedure done yet.
 Kim                 
murfy
on 4/19/10 5:13 pm - Jacksonville, FL
i have lupus and RA and degenertive disc disease. i am getting open rny tomorrow.
Murf

maph756
on 5/2/10 11:27 pm
Renee, Have you not learned that tacos and candy bars are NOT wise food choices? If sugar and grease make you ill, just do the obvious! Quit eating it!! And you need counciling from your bariatric support groups, social worker or psychologist. You may have lost wt but you are still making bad food choices.  It is hard, I know but bariatric surgery is only a tool. Eating poorly is still sruck in your brain!! Good luck, Marjorie
nickie5824
on 7/13/11 8:58 am - cocoa, FL
Just curious if you received any answers, I am 9 yrs post op, and was diagnosed with lupus within the last year, which I havent taken seriously until now, because I must be having and extreme flare and just want some answers, thank so nuch
Cinn
on 7/19/10 3:55 am - MI
Not sure what info you're looking for. I have SLE, had RnY almost 2 years ago. 

I do dump on certain foods I shouldn't be eating and some that shouldn't bother me but do.   Everyone is different so foods will affect us all differently.

I have lots of gas issues.  I think most of us will. It was our digestive system that's been mutilated after all. Check w/ your doctor to see if you're able to take anything for the gas. I'm sure there's something you're allowed.

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1754 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2066 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2184 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2963 views
Test