Chronic Illness wls Support Group

Soul Flower
on 2/9/09 1:23 am
What is Chronic Illness?
"A chronic illness is a condition that lasts a year or longer, limits activity, and may require ongoing care. More than 125 million Americans have at least one chronic condition, such as diabetes, cancer, glaucoma, heart disease, Fibromyalga, Multiple Sclerosis, and Lupus. Nearly half as many have more than one chronic condition."

Hello,
This group was specifically created for WLS candidates and post ops who like me face the unique challenges that living with a chronic illness may often present.  As individuals with a chronic illness, we face greater challenges that the typical mainstream weight loss surgery patient may not face.
Sometimes we feel left out of the loop as we read about others who are doing certain activities that we are no longer able to fully tolerate.  

You may find the group by clicking on groups in your index. Once at groups, type in the word Chronic Illness in the search box and the correct group will appear.

Thank you for your interest,
Obesity Help Support Group Leader.
Guernica Loser
on 4/19/09 5:22 pm
thank you for starting this.  I have wegener's granulomatosis (rare vascular disease) and I have been on chemo and prednisone for four years now.  I gained 150lbs on pred and being unable to do activities....bed ridden.

I want wls, my doc wants me to have it, but he's afraid of me having gastric bypass due to the bowel issues.  Lap Band isn't for someone that has to take prednisone.  The last alternative, I've heard, doesn't give you much success....I'm saddened.  :(
michele M.
on 5/27/09 2:18 pm - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
HELLO I HAVE LUPUS AND MS. I HAVE HAD THE GASTRO BYPASS 2005 AND NOW I HAVE GAINED SOME WIEGHT BACK. I AM HAVING PROBLEMS AND LOOKING FOR A SUPPORT GROUP.
PLEASE POINT THE SITE AND I WILL MEET YOU IN THE CHAT ROOM.
THANKS [email protected]
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/09 12:31 pm - Deland, FL
Thank you so much for posting this.  I was diagnosed with Wegener's Granulomatosis almost 2 years ago and have gained lots of weight due to the medications.  I got the VSG about 3 months ago and am so happy!  I'm currently down 46 lbs. and feeling much better!  Still very tired, but I am able to do a lot more than I did before the surgery.

Thanks again!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1754 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2066 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2184 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2963 views
Test