SOS NEED ADVICE

R C
on 12/24/06 1:14 pm - VERO BEACH, FL
hHI , I AM A 41 YR OLD FEMALE. I LIVE IN SOUTH FL. I SUFFER FROM A DESEASE THAT IS SIMILAR TO LUPUS . PLEASE IF ANY ONE HAS AMEDCAL CONDITION SIMILAR AND HAD SURGERY PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND IF IT WAS IN FL PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE DR WHO DID YOUR SURGERY, ANYONE TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME I AM SO VERY THANKFUL.
Sphinxy
on 12/24/06 3:22 pm - Redlands, CA
Hey Rose, I am not sure where you are getting information or whether things have changed or not. I had surgery and was never told that my lupus prohibited me from having surgery. Perhaps you were told this because of your interest in the lap band?? Putting a substance into the body that has a chance to be rejected is risky in those with auto-immune disorders - I was advised against that choice. My advice- ask if it is that particular procedure?? Good luck. B
R C
on 12/24/06 6:55 pm - VERO BEACH, FL
Dear sphinxy thank you so much with your reply - I was told by 2 drs. Staff that persons with any vascular desease or ibs - can not have surgery - but if you look at all he criteria of medical conditions one much have for surgery - you could just check my complete health - which surgery did you have - did you have it in florida - I understand about rejecting forgien objects - I have my second part and have done find I hardly use it but I maintain it -
Sphinxy
on 1/5/07 3:42 pm - Redlands, CA
No, I am in California - but I do remember my doctor recommending against Lap band because of the auto-immune disorder for fear that it would kick my disease into overdrive and keep it there. B
Scarlette V.
on 2/27/07 7:14 am - Charlottesville, VA
Hi.... I have had lupus for 11 years and I had GB 2 years ago. I have had no complications due to my lupus. I am taking less meds for my lupus than pre-op. My joints don't have as much weight on them I guess. I am 43 y/o. I started at 294 and now fluctuate between 159-164 lbs.
 Scarlette
Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1755 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2067 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2184 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2963 views
Test