Feel Better Since Surgery??

byHizgrc
on 9/5/06 10:47 pm - Wabash, IN
Has anyone with Lupus felt better since they had surgery?? I have SLE & FMS (fibromyalgia). I had surgery 4 weeks ago tomorrow. I haven't noticed any physical improvement yet, but I'm hoping. It has been so hard w/ my fatigue & weakness to get up & exercise & get in all my protein & liquids.
shantrism
on 10/10/06 6:29 am - Baltimore, MD
Well, I feel a little better but I did have the issue of muscle pain as I lost the weight. I need to workout more than I do but it is a little uncomfortable. My doctor has me on Balucet and Flexeril for the joint and muscle pain. I am also on Prednisone daily along with Plaquenil 2x a day. It helps some but I still hurt on most days. The only relief I get is from my narcotics (Percocet 10/650). Yes, they are needed for pain control. I wish I did not have to do all of this for quality of life. But I hope you have found relief from your body pain. Please keep me posted if you are able to work through your pain management. Shantris I am one year out with the same questions as you. It is a life long process.
byHizgrc
on 10/10/06 10:28 am - Wabash, IN
I'm still the same...well, maybe worse. My pain gets a little better with my Ultram but NOT as good as it could be. My rheumy refuses to give me anything stronger! O well, I'll just keep praying, hoping, & having faith.
shantrism
on 10/16/06 7:09 am - Baltimore, MD
You may want to call your Primary Care Doctor for pain meds. In most cases they are your best advicates. Call them about changing the dosage, strength or actual type. Balacet works well also. It is worth a try. Do you take one or two pills when you take your Ultram? If you take one you may want to try two.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1755 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2067 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2184 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2963 views
Test
rockybuddy · 1 replies · 4696 views