Do I have Lupus?or not?

Jenileija
on 8/17/06 2:58 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I was told by a doctor that I had Lupus..That all my test came back positive for RA Lupus and connetive tissue disorder... Well He put on Mobic and someother medication for the lupus and went back 3weeks later ran more blood work and week later it came back negative on the Lupus part... I still have arthritis... Ever sense that day I never return to that doctor and stop taking all medication... I had my wls on 12/2004 I was at 230.. Honestly I am so scare to go back to the doctor to have test done again... I am down to 156 pd and need to have a tummy tuck down asap cuz of my arthritis in my lower back ,I still have to lose 15/20 more pounds..I have been working and working out... And still have not been able to lose not even 1 pd. Jeannie Leija 230-156 goal -135
Rae Smiles
on 9/27/06 1:16 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Jeannie, First, I have been diagnosed with rheumotoid (sp) arthritis, lupus and fibromyogia (sp)...the doctors could never pinpoint the real culprit... After 13 years, my blood work finally calmed down and actually shows the same issues each time..the latest verdict, lupus and fibro. So, my point....go back for the tests...get copies of EVERYTHING!!!! You may need to change doctors at some point and it will come in very handy... Also, lupus and Rhem arth are NOT death sentences these days...as my rhemotologist told me....testing is so good these days that you will not die from lupus.....yes some folks do, but testiing is so much better these days...they can figure out so much earlier if you are having organ issues... There are WAY worse conditions than lupus or RA... Also, I did not have good luck with about the first 7-9 meds they put me on...now I am on one that works wonders for me...too 3 years to find the right med for me....but it was worth it...I have my entire life ahead of me...yes, I had serious issues for 13 years, but 13 years out of my entire life is nothing. Also, with an auto-immune issue...it is essential that you get good rest...I have totally reworked my life to include the really important (to me) stuff and stop doing other stuff..this did not happen overnight but I am so much happier these days. The more rest I get, the happier (mentally) I am, the less flare-ups I get... The mind is easily tricked into being in a good mood...I have a piece of advice hanging on my office wall.... Even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.... I try to remember this everyday....it works for me. Best wishes to you... RAE
alicep1964
on 7/23/07 3:15 am - colorado springs, CO
hi jeni. this is alice i have been diagnoised since 1997 and have study on my condition lupus , did you know that there are 4 types that one can be diagnoised with ; if you would like more info. contact the lupus foundation and the arthritis foundaion in your area. , but getting back to your? sometimes the disease itself can lay dominent  for a matter of years like what happened to me , did you know that you can go into remission and have all your tests negative and still have the disease that why they take test called ANA and others to decide if that what you have but it is hard to tell. so by all means don't be afraid get knowledge.  good luck!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1755 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2067 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2184 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2963 views
Test
rockybuddy · 1 replies · 4696 views