HELP! I had surgery 9-9-05 and now have an ulcer

shantrism
on 7/17/06 7:03 am - Baltimore, MD
Hello, Boy, I wish I meet this page last year when I was trying to get approved. I felt so lost and known of the doctors I talked to (except my doctor) had experience with lupus patients having WLS. They all told me I was a high risk and since I take predinisone daily I might not heal. Well, I came through with flying colors (Thank God) and I really did not have an issue until Feb. when I had pain in my pouch with distintion. I had a three day stay in the hospital with no real problem. My luck has changed slightly I have been diagnosed with Costacondritus (Spelling). This is where your ribs in the center of your chest become inflamed. I also had pain at the top of my abdomin near my chest and the area is very tender. I was give a script for Motrin 600mgs four times a day. The pain in my pouch got worst and I was nausous all the time before, during and after meals. I am still nausous and have pain when I eat. My surgeon gave me Protonix to get the ulcer under control. Well, I still feel sore and sick with food at certain points of the day. I was told last week that if things don't get better I will have to have a endoscope done. My question is: Have any of you experienced the same situation or something similar? Also at 1 year had you reached 100 or more pound weight lose? I feel like I have failed a little because i have not reached 100 pounds at this point and I am almost 1 year out? What can I do and does my Lupus have any effect on my weight lose?
kimberlycoffelt
on 7/24/06 5:35 am - League City, TX
I just had my 4 yr post op anniversary on 7/16. I had ulcer before surgery and I have had them after. I have recently been diagnosed w/Lupus and b12 deficient (which I am at risk for paralysis currently). I had severaly problems w/nausea about 6 months post op and was temporarily put on Reaglan (something they give diabetes patients to help with food disolving). I had to take it 30 min before meals and it seemed to help. The only time I have problems now is if I eat something I know I shouldn't (like mexican or fried foods)...but sometimes you just need a bite. i hope that you get to feeling better and also, be sure to have your b12 checked.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1755 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2067 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2184 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2963 views
Test
rockybuddy · 1 replies · 4696 views