Been gone a long time....

VickiStevens
on 12/16/13 8:56 am - Tacoma, WA

Hi Everyone!

I used to be active on OH, but somehow life got in the way. I thought I better update my information since my surgeon was posting a story about my daughter and me - my email notifications were going to an email address that I haven't had for at least three years. Yikes! So sorry to anyone who sent me a friend request and I didn't respond. I wasn't ignoring it - I just didn't get it.

For those of you who are new to the LapBand, it can work but you must work with it. The band is a tool not a solution. I think the biggest mistake folks make is thinking that the band (or any surgery) will be the magic answer. There is no magic. It takes work and lots of it! But it is well worth the work to be healthy, happy and living a good life!

As a bit of background, I had my band surgery in January 2003. I still have my band and I am still a normal weight. Although with the onset of menopause (lovely, eh?) I have gained a few pounds. Nothing serious, but enough that I am stepping up the exercise program to try to counteract thge lowered metabolism.

I do keep active - yoga 3-5 times a week and TRX 1-2 times a week. I am considering adding Tabata to my repertoire as my TRX instructor recommends it. We'll see if I get that added in or not.

That's about it for me. Still hanging in there with my band almost 11 years later.

Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Kate -True Brit
on 12/16/13 10:56 am, edited 12/16/13 10:57 am - UK

how lovely to see you back here and glad to hear all is going well.  You won't see many old faces on here nowadays as this board is unfortunately very quiet now. But a few of us still post.  But I think you must be our "oldest" bandster except, maybe, for Mona.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

VickiStevens
on 12/16/13 12:34 pm - Tacoma, WA

Hey Kate - good to see you! I wondered about the board. It sure isn't like the old days is it? Hope all is well with you too!

Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Kate -True Brit
on 12/16/13 3:27 pm - UK

Thank you, yes, all well with me. I am now seven and a half years out and wobble round a BMI of 24-26. But still wearing size 10 skirts and 12 tops. Fine by me! 

Several reasons for the quiet board. Some of the old board dramas made some leave, a link to FaceBook frightened a few more away, some, like you, just dropped out. But I am afraid quite a few have had problems with their bands and had to revise to another surgery or just have their bands removed. 

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

cheyenne000
on 12/16/13 11:45 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Welcome back Vicki, Good to see you back

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Hislady
on 12/16/13 1:43 pm - Vancouver, WA

Good to see you again, another old timer here. The board is totally different these days but some of us are die hards and just won't leave.

Bette B.
on 12/17/13 12:51 am

Another long-timer saying hi: ten years out this month. Still have my band and still maintaining a damned good weight loss. As a matter of fact, I got on the scale yesterday and found that I've lost another 2 pounds and 2% of my body fat.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

pineview01
on 12/22/13 12:43 pm - Davison, MI

Hi Vickie!  Good to hear from you.  Yes, you used to be here a lot.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

nickilin
on 1/5/14 11:49 pm

laughI too have been gone for a long time.  I was banded  august 2007 and got to within 14lbs of my goal when I found out I was pregnant!  I had just scheduled a tubal...we were done!  Or so I thought.  2 months in the hospital and a 6 week premature birth we have a healthy happy  2 1/2 yr old son(#3).  I regained about 70lbs, and struggle more now than back then.  I still want to drop another 50(new goal wt).  I had a prolapse last year but all seems great again.  My biggest problem now is finding somewhere for fills.  I was banded in Mx and found out last Thursday my center is no longer doing them.  Any ideas???

Most Active