multiple sclerosis and band

jennylew
on 11/7/11 10:49 am, edited 11/7/11 11:13 am - Hill AFB, UT
Hi All!
     Just really needed to vent right now. I am currently undergoing several tests for MS and I'm really scared. Until I find out for sure if i have it, I'd appreciate it if nobody tells me anything about the disease or share any stories. Right now I am just trying to wrap my head around the fact that I may have it and I am dealing with it in my own way. I've heard several stories about people who've been diagnosed with MS can't get the band placed, but I'm wondering about whether or not someone has to have their band removed after they've been diagnosed with MS. I guess this is a question I will have to ask my surgeon. Thanks for letting me share. Keep me in your prayers!

Jen-

I almost forgot, I wanted to vent about one more thing. In addition to the stress mentioned above, we are moving to Germany in a  few weeks and I have to leave my awesome weight loss center and my surgeon. I even paid for lifetime aftercare at this place and now we have to leave (military assignment.) So I guess you could say my world is upside down right now. I am trying to keep positive, but it's so difficult .

Starting weight- 265     Goal weight- 165-145 
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 11:17 am
Best of luck with your tests. My only statement is this - keep working the band until otherwise directed by your doctors. Doctors encourage activity with MS.

Noel
jennylew
on 11/7/11 11:24 am - Hill AFB, UT
Thanks for your words of encouragement, Noel!

Jo 1962
on 11/7/11 1:53 pm - NearHouston, TX
((((((((((((((((((((((((Jenny))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I can only imagine how you must be feeling.  Why does life seem to throw everything at you at once, for crying out loud?!!.  I like my crisises  spaced out, thankyouverymuch.  For what its worth, Jenny, I believe that everything happens for a reason, and though you may not see the bright side of any of this right now, I pray you find the silver lining soon and find peace along the way  You are in my prayers.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

jennylew
on 11/8/11 9:51 am - Hill AFB, UT
Thank you for your kind words and prayers, Jolena.

robinespeland
on 11/8/11 2:33 am - OR
Jenny-

I am sorry that everything seems to be coming at you right now. No matter what stay tuned on this web site there are a lot of people with knowledge on lots of things. I wish you the best in everything.

jennylew
on 11/8/11 9:51 am - Hill AFB, UT
Thank you for your advice, Robin!

Kate -True Brit
on 11/8/11 3:32 am - UK
 A big e hug. And very best wishes.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

jennylew
on 11/8/11 9:52 am - Hill AFB, UT
Thank you ,Kate. I appreciate it!

Jean M.
on 11/8/11 4:16 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Jen,

I don't know much about MS and the only person I know who has it lives a good life, but trying to wrap your mind around the possibility of that diagnosis would throw anybody for a loop.

About the move to Germany...aren't most military assignments temporary? So at some point might you be able to use the rest of the lifetime aftercare you paid for? At least Germany is a highly civilized country in a region that's been dealing with adjustable gastric band surgery for decades now.

Jean

P.S. I just re-read what I wrote above and realized it sounds like stiff-upper-lip advice when what you really need is a big hug. So, here's the hug:  ((( HUG )))

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active