starting over

jennylew
on 10/8/11 6:24 am - Hill AFB, UT
Hi all. 
     I am 14 months post op and noticed I am starting to slip back into old habits. My weight has plateaued and it's time for me to start over and go back to basics. I've noticed that I am not using my band like I should and instead of eating dense proteins, I am eating more "slider" type foods, therefore not staying full for 3-4 hours I like I should be. Starting today I am going back to the basics but need your help. I want to start weighing/measuring my food again. For those of you who measure/weigh your food, how many oz. or cups do you measure or weigh? I'm not sure if I should be eating 2 oz. or 1/2 cup protein? I know every surgeon is different, but would like to hear what others are doing who are using their band properly and seeing results. Please share.

Jen-

Starting weight- 265     Goal weight- 165-145 
qmed2002
on 10/8/11 11:11 am
I am not to sure either on how much I should be eating but I can tell you what my nutritionist told me. Our band deals with Volume, So denser things like meat weight more. So a 3 oz portion of meat can weight more than 3 oz on the scale. So you should try to use volume as you’re guide. Try this measure out 4oz of cereal and then put that on the scale it is not going to 4oz. Hope this helps a little. I have emailed my doctor asking how much food I should be eating right now. I don’t know if its 4, 5, 6, 8oz. I am waiting on a response.

Most Active