help, im freaked out

sharebear
on 7/15/11 4:56 am - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15
My bandaversary was in april. I did great that whole time. I had lost a few pounds here and there since, however since I moved something is wrong. Im still eating wat i always have, im doing wat i did for my whole year, but now something is wrong. I am gaing extreme amounts of weight in days.. Like I wsa 182 when I got here 3 weeks ago. Then a week later I was 177, however then the last week i was 187, then i started worrying so I weighed myself everyday to see what was on with my body. Tues I was 195 and today 205. OMG what is going on, this is a nightmare... Wat do I do? I was cry and cry. I did all this work and now matter what im gaining.. what the heck is going on? please help me........
My year is up, i have no more appointments with my dr. I have no insurance anymore and no money to go back to the dr. It feels like it was all for nothing.. god please help me... i feel powerless

Amy D.
on 7/15/11 5:05 am - Stratford, Canada
Okay, a few questions.  

1)  Are you using the same scale to weigh yourself on?  Have you checked to ensure that it is balanced? 

2)  Are you measuring your foods?  What about liquid calories? 

melly37
on 7/15/11 5:33 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
That is very odd.  So in a couple of weeks you gained over 20 pounds? Have you started taking any kind of hormones?  Maybe your scaled is wacko or not on a level surface anymore?  Are your clothes fitting differently?  The only time I gained 20 pounds that quickly was when I first went on the pill.  I gained 20 pounds in a month, so I took myself off of those!! 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

sharebear
on 7/15/11 5:54 am - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15
I dont really drink anything bu****er, crystal light, sometimes i have 1%milk but very rarely. and Ive been goin to the gym and I havent been eating very much... IM very upset

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 7:20 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Maybe you need a new scale. My old scale did something like that too, so I tossed it and now I'm not having those issues anymore.
Hislady
on 7/15/11 8:07 am - Vancouver, WA
I'm with the others check your scale, it could easily have gotten knocked off kilter in the move, it doesn't take much to screw them up. Are your clothes tighter because a true 20 Lb. gain would make your clothes tighter. If you have a 10 or 20 lb. bag of flour or sugar weigh that and see if it weighs correctly. I'd bet that it is the scale and not you.
naph_jam
on 7/15/11 8:12 am - Murfreesboro, TN
If you check your scale and it's not that, think about getting your hormone levels tested.  Before I was diagnosed with PCOS, I decided to take myself off of birth control due to lack of insurance and started gaining weight at that rate. 

sesmith
on 7/15/11 11:08 am
 rapid weight gain is usually fluid. are your hands or feet swollen?
Lisaizme
on 7/16/11 1:43 am - TX
If it's an electronic / digital scale, change the battery.  That might be the whole issue.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

sharebear
on 7/25/11 3:46 am - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15
So i tried a different scale and its about the same. I dont understand. I am doing everything I have always done. Im not on a new pill or new medicine in any way at all. My clothes fit the same. I cannot go back to being fat again. I am so close to my goals and now im going up. I just feel like I have been doing everything, and being active and im doing my part. I wouldnt be as upset if i was stalled but instead im going in the wrong direction... GRRR so ready to give up. this is why diets always failed for me... This was suppose to be different. Any other ideas guys what this could be? What can I do to get my body back on track?

Most Active