Fighting "head" hunger....especially after 7pm

tashani10
on 11/3/11 11:25 am
RNY on 06/28/10 with
 Apparently I was an evening grazer before surgery but since I had surgery about 15 months ago I had no problems until 2 months ago.  I'm working up to 12 hours during the day and maybe I'm not eating enough protein during the day and so in the evenings I'm craving everything.  At this point after surgery should I still be eating 6-7 small "meals" a day?  I haven't lost much in the past few months and my surgeon is happy with my weight loss but I still have about 30lbs to lose before I can start having reconstructive surgery for all the extra skin.  Any ideas?

Patti ATX
on 11/18/11 2:28 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 06/16/09 with
I personally eat 6 times a day but I am a body builder.  suggestion, start tracking your calories they could be creeping up on you.  It ok the surgeon is happy with your weight loss but are you/  Are you healthy and fit?  Do you like the way you feel? 
Carla M.
on 1/5/12 11:51 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I am constantly eating. Granted, I only eat a bite here or there until about 5p. My stomach/pouch just doesn't really like meals until later. I will say that, if you are craving certain things, it might just be head hunger. I know that, if I'm truly hungry, I don't really care what it is that I eat as long as I eat. I choose healthy foods, but I just have no actual cravings other than something edible. I also know that I get "cravings" when I'm just thirsty. It's hard to decipher thirst and hunger sometimes. Try drinking comething first and see if that helps.
jessicalovegold
on 3/12/12 11:10 am
I keep fruit and low calorie vege soup for night time hunger.  I also sip hot tea or broth. Someone said to me, if you want to be thin sometimes you just have to go to bed hungry.
Most Active