Digestive problems

sweetshe
on 3/13/11 2:08 pm - Westerville, OH
I've had the lap band since 2004 and have never been ever able to do well with bread, meat, pasta, potatoes or rice.  My nutritional habits are definetly not the best.  On a good day I can eat a small salad and a half of piece of white fish.  My problem lies with I'm an work out alholic (twice-three times a day sometimes and usually six days a week) but I do not consume enough calories to continue to burn. I work two jobs and sleep very little because I always feel as though I need to be busy.   I'm sure my metabolism is very low since it is probably in the starvation mode frequently.  Therefore I don't continue to loss weight although I feel great and healthy but sad because I have problems eating and find it too much work at times.  I haven't had a fill in at least a year and had some removed so I believe I have about 7cc's in a 10cc band.
ajalew
on 3/28/11 12:59 am - Sanford, MI
It sounds to me like you need to have more fill removed in order to meet your daily food requirements.  I know when I had my band, if I had too much fill I actually ate more junk than when my fill was perfect and I could eat healthy foods.  Meaning, often times I actually weighed MORE when I had more fill than when I had less fill and could eat salads, meats, etc.  Plus, it affected my energy levels a lot if I couldn't get in the healthy foods.

That being said, even with less fill I couldn't eat breads and pastas.  You probably won't ever have an easy time with those.  Many bandsters do not.   Only with no fill could I consume those. 

Have you considered making daily smoothies using a protein/super green supplement?  That would help you nutrition-wise a lot.  There are two I like: Alive Protein Powder and Rainbow Light Protein Energizer.  They both go great in a smoothie (make it with Greek Yogurt & Almond Milk for an even more nutritious shake) and they both give you extra "super greens" such as spinach and spirulina which go a long way to support your health and well being.  

The Alive has added vitamins so you only want to use that once a day.  The Rainbow Light doesn't have added vitamins (just what occurs naturally in the super greens) so it can be eaten more often.
Most Active