Can AYONE help or give some insight?

Fatfree102604
on 10/23/05 3:58 am - HAWLEY, PA
Color me ignorant! Please explain to me exactly what PCOS is, symptoms, etc. I will be a year out from RNY WLS in exactly 3 days. Here is a brief scenario of my history (well maybe not so brief-sorry)...can anyone tell me if this is PCOS? I had gestational diabetes in my 4th trimester (with my 2nd child). I was put on insulin until birth of baby. GD went away but I was told that 90% will get Diabetes back later down the road. About 2 yrs later I did...and the weight just kept increasing. I never went back on insulin but did require various oral meds for the diabetes II. Since the birth of my child in 91 (and at the age of 37) I have had very irregular periods, ovarian fibroids, and a huge weight gain (although I have always been heavy since I was around 10 yrs old). When I was around 5 yrs old the doctors gave my parents a "tonic" for me to take because I was underweight...Oh lucky me!!! Good God what is wrong with some of these MD's? Anyway...of recent I have had a vaginal sono to see if my "fibroid cysts" have gotten larger in size. They have not. I had all bloodwork done and my levels are all good. Even my sugar levels. But...since July of this year I have not lost any "extra" weight. I keep losing and gaining the same 6-9 pounds over and over again. Is my body telling me that It just does not want to lose anymore...that this is where I am doomed to be for the rest of my life even after WLS? Yes, I have lost aprox. 160 Lbs (remember those 6-9 that I have been dealing with for months) in 12 months, but I want to lose at the very least another 50. I can't see this happening since what I have been experiencing the past 4 months. Here is a post I put up two nights ago...maybe this will help, and someone MAY have an answer for me...thanks for anyone *****ads this and can shed some light. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ have come to a complete halt now for over 3 months. I have gained and lost the same 6-9 lbs for the past 3 months. Where I was down 160 lbs, I am now (back up to) down only 156lbs. I tend to retain a lot of fluid. No matter if I weighed 90 lbs or 590 lbs, I retain fluid. I do take a fluid pill every day (prescribed, of course). When I ran out of my diuretics, boy did THAT show on the scale. I was without them for nearly 3 weeks and now I am really paying for it. I exercise, eat my protein, never missed not one day of vitamins or H2o...I do not take the B-12, caltrate or whatever that others say we need, but my labs all turned out fine. In 6 days I will be at my 1 year anniversary from WLS. I have not lost one (extra) pound in over 3 months...I hope this isn't the last of my losing any more weight. Before WLS I was a Type II diabetic on glucaphage @ 2000mg daily. This had increased over the years to the 2000mg per day. I now no longer need any diabetic meds nor high blood pressure pills. Thank God! BUT...my question is this. I guess you could say I am in what???---remission??? from the diabetes since WLS? Anyway, since I WAS a diabetic, does that mean that for the rest of my life I will produce carbs, sugar, etc. in a different way then a non (ever) diabetic would? Any info here might help me to get a handle on what to totally eliminate from my diet for the long haul---LIFE! Thanks in advance for your help. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Thank you for reading, Audrey
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 408 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 657 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 537 views