oops! Saturday post

debim3
on 11/9/08 11:29 am - Roberts, WI
Yes, I'm late.  Sorry!

My question is:

How do you plan to eat appropriately over the holidays?  What about all the goodies at work?  How do you avoid them?  Or do you allow yourself a small amount?
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

JustJean
on 11/9/08 11:54 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
I've pretty much resigned myself to gaining weight...   first there was Halloween, then tomorrow is my birthday - then Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and my daughter's birthday...   all things that revolved around food pre-WLS.  I try to be careful, and thank God, too much sugar still makes me sick...  so I usually manage to stop before I do too much damage!  Luckily, when I do overindulge, my body responds pretty well when I get back on track.

Sat on the loser's bench 8-25-06!! 
High 334/PreOp 275/Curr 168

Made it to goal, then gained again...  working back to goal of 155!! 

The Lord doesn't require us to succeed, He only requires that you try - Mother Teresa

jj_in_CA
on 11/9/08 12:24 pm - Gualala, CA
I've already planned for turkey, no stuffing for Thanksgiving.  I may make a pumpkin Mock Danish.

Christmas should be relatively easy, my FIL is on South Beach diet. :-)

Time will tell.
---jan---

---jan---

Vanishing Vixen
on 11/9/08 8:34 pm - NJ
I'm thinking that I just want to eat like a normal person this Holiday season.  Normal meaning indulging but not too much, not overthinking everything, etc.  That's why I had this surgery - to be normal.  LOL  It's been my philosophy so far (like when I have a wedding to go to) and it works.  I stay on track the day before, and the day after, so if I have a few bites of pumpkin pie, it's not going to kill me.  And I'll make sure to up my exercise too, just as a backup.

Highest: 315 ~ Surgery: 296 ~ Current: 177.8 ~ Goal: 165

Kimberlin Katayama
on 11/11/08 2:24 am - CA
I agree with Vanishing Vixen! I got the surgery so I dont have to drive myself crazy with diets. I know that if I have something that probably isnt the best choice in the world then I need to double up on the protien. Thankfully I have been a one bitter quitter! I am satisfied with just tasting stuff I dont need a huge amount of it to feel like I am satisfied. Thanksgiving I will be on the road, we are moving from Cali to NY so I dont have to worry too much about that, We will probably stop at a denny's or something like that. For Christmas we will probably still be in Temporary Lodging and that doesnt have a kitchen so I wont be making my honey ham this year! Unfortunatly where Im moving they closed down the denny's there, so I think my only other option will be a hole in the wall diner ( not good for us WLS people!)  Hopefully we will meet some nice people when we get there that will invite us over! We have friends there but thier hubbys are all deployed so they all are going home.....unless I can convince them to let me cook in there kitchen  LOL!

Pre-op 210lbs (6/18/2008) Maintaining Goal! 120lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 406 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 656 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 850 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 535 views